Samsung S4 from Verizon needs reboot every day or so for text or voice calls to work, help

Fungus8e

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a two year old S4/Verizon phone. For a few months it needs a reboot before voice calls or text can be sent or received. All other features still work. The error I get is "Mobile Network Not Available". A reboot fixes it for a day or two.

I've received, and installed, two operating system software upgrades and these have made no difference.

Phone: SCH-I545
Android ver. 5.0.1
Baseband I545VRUG0F1
Kernal 3.4.0
Build No. LRX22C.I545VRUG0F1
Hardware ver I545.06
Config ver J12SAM.SCHI545.0

I've removed almost every program that I have ever installed, no change.

Can someone please help me fix it or at least let me know that it is a POS and needs smashing.
Thank you!
Fungus8e

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it may be a firmware problem. Bring it to your local Best Buy, and ask the Samsung Store rep to reflash the firmware.

Geoffrey Bushold

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I've talked to Verizon tech support, escalated to the next tier, and all they can say is that it's not a service problem on their end. Then I spoke with Samsung, who basically said they only deal with the hardware and have no control over the software. So basically, there is no fix right now. Every day my phone loses service and will not regain the service unless I restart. I also didn't have the problem before the new Lollipop update. Someone needs to find a fix for this, because it's irritating that I can't keep a phone that has worked perfectly for the past two years. My only solution is to buy a new S6 for 600 bucks which may or may not fix my problem.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Instead of rebooting try to put it into Airplane mode and then take it back out again. This resets the radio.

Western Mass

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Same problem since lollipop update - phone can't find mobile Verizon network when I change locations until I reboot the phone. Had it flashed by Samsung techs at a Best Buy. Immediately got more bars. . . . But the changing location glitch persisted unchanged. My wife's identical s4 updated at the same time, no issues. Verizon store was no help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon