Switched to TMobile - struggling to use Verizon Galaxy S4

needtolearn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Greetings, and apologies in advance for not being smart about this.

We switched to T-Mobile a few months ago since we spend a ton of time in Mexico. My Verizon iPhone switched seamlessly. My husband's Samsung Galaxy S4 is really being difficult. Every time he restarts, it shows the verizon screen (no biggie) and we get a message saying SIM card is not from Verizon. I figured out how to make it go away by force stopping the "activation agent, until the next restart. I also finally figured out how to make the voicemail work. That gives you an idea of my limited abilities. We can't figure out how to use it as a hotspot. It says checking subscription status, and then "unable to connect - Mobile number not found." Should I just give up or is there another option?

We are trying to keep from buying a new phone for him, as we are on a budget. I've never "rooted" a phone and not even sure what that means or if it would help. I'm pretty sure that means it's over my head. Thanks for reading this.

cybor462

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi needtolearn
I have done a similar thing. I took my Verizon to at+t and have run into many issues. I just tried my hotspot and it works so trouble must be settings or carrier related for that on yours. I assume you changed all your APN info and settings? If you have not you need to do that first by contacting T Mobile support and they will give them to you. They are carrier dependent. I have the same issue with notice of sim card not Verizon and the splash screen Verizon but never thought about losing them. How where you able to get rid of them?

violetjune

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Greetings, and apologies in advance for not being smart about this.

We switched to T-Mobile a few months ago since we spend a ton of time in Mexico. My Verizon iPhone switched seamlessly. My husband's Samsung Galaxy S4 is really being difficult. Every time he restarts, it shows the verizon screen (no biggie) and we get a message saying SIM card is not from Verizon. I figured out how to make it go away by force stopping the "activation agent, until the next restart. I also finally figured out how to make the voicemail work. That gives you an idea of my limited abilities. We can't figure out how to use it as a hotspot. It says checking subscription status, and then "unable to connect - Mobile number not found." Should I just give up or is there another option?

We are trying to keep from buying a new phone for him, as we are on a budget. I've never "rooted" a phone and not even sure what that means or if it would help. I'm pretty sure that means it's over my head. Thanks for reading this.

How did you get your voicemail to work? I'm having issues with the touch tones not being recognized while typing in password.

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Are these phone problems happening because our GS4 CDMA/GSM (global) phones, coming from CDMA carriers like Verizon & Sprint, are simply not fully compatible with AT&T's and T-mobile's GSM networks? I ask because I'm interested in converting my Sprint GS4 to these same GSM networks next month after my Sprint contract expires.

needtolearn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
How did you get your voicemail to work? I'm having issues with the touch tones not being recognized while typing in password.

Hi violetjune,

I found a video on youtube. Search "Setting Up to Dial Voicemail on Samsung Galaxy S4" by jargonfreehelp

It takes you through settings to change your voicemail. I had been trying to do it through speed dial, but it's in settings. I found the new number for TMobile's voicemail on their website. Hope that helps.

needtolearn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi cybor462,

The notice is still there whenever I restart the phone. I just press on the notice and it takes me to "Activation Agent" which I force stop. It works until the next restart.

violetjune

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi violetjune,

I found a video on youtube. Search "Setting Up to Dial Voicemail on Samsung Galaxy S4" by jargonfreehelp

It takes you through settings to change your voicemail. I had been trying to do it through speed dial, but it's in settings. I found the new number for TMobile's voicemail on their website. Hope that helps.

Thanks I will check it out!

cybor462

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi cybor462,

The notice is still there whenever I restart the phone. I just press on the notice and it takes me to "Activation Agent" which I force stop. It works until the next restart.
I thought it was removed for good. Thanks for your help. I just clear the notice which removes it as well until phone reboots. The only way to truly fix the issues is by rooting the phone. Im told OS 5.0.1 like I have cant be rooted. I will keep checking if I find some answers that may help you I will post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX