Hello All,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a 64GB Micro SD card. My phone keeps telling me that I am running low on device storage despite transferring just about everything I can from internal storage to the card.

When I got the “your device is running low on space” message, I took a look at what folders are taking up all the space and discovered that the “Misc. Files” folder has over 6GB of files

I then used Windows Explorer to view the files in my internal storage. I did “*.*” to search for all files, then sorted by size so that the biggest files showed up at the top.

Here’s the issue…
    When I view the file size of every folder in “Phone”, there are no folders whose size is even close 1GB total (including sub-folders and hidden files).

Where are these files located? How can I find these files in Windows Explorer to delete them?

Note that I have “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended” Unchecked, and “show hidden files, folders and drives” checked, so I know that I’m doing everything I can to show all files in Windows Explorer. For what it's worth, I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone know how I can view ALL the files under “Phone” through Windows Explorer?

Thanks much
    11-21-2016 11:15 AM
    Take a look cached data in your Storage. It's most likely the reason you're getting the device storage warning. I had about 5gb showing in mine. Tapped the clear all cached data and solved the problem and didn't impact anything important.
    12-11-2016 07:00 AM
    Yeah, cached data isn't it. I cleared that and still cant' see where all that data is stored.

Does anyone have any idea as to where all this data might be?

Thanks
    12-13-2016 11:40 AM