S4 gives me the green robot update note and then hangs

michaelschuyler

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Surely you've seen the green robot that accompanies the "android update." My S4 gives me that and hangs. I've let it go over 12 hours and it's still hung. I remove and reinsert the battery and the phone works for awhile until the same thing happens again. I'm not convinced this is really an update for such an old phone, plus I have two purchased at the same time (his and hers) and the other one works fine. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did this all start with a system update notification? You're correct that the phone hasn't had an official update in a long time.

You said that when you pulled the battery and then restarted, it worked for a while, and then the robot showed up again. So you mean it booted up normally, and you were using apps and calling/texting people without issue, then suddenly it went back to that screen?

michaelschuyler

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Correct in everything you said. After battery extraction/insertion phone boots up normally and allows all apps and tasks. Allows normal charging as well. Keep the phone on and next time I look at it, there's the green robot again.

Welcome to Android Central! Did this all start with a system update notification? You're correct that the phone hasn't had an official update in a long time.

You said that when you pulled the battery and then restarted, it worked for a while, and then the robot showed up again. So you mean it booted up normally, and you were using apps and calling/texting people without issue, then suddenly it went back to that screen?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech