4g lte in richmond va

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a thunderbolt and I live in richmond va well I was on my phone texting and all of the sudden the signal went out then it came back on and now says 4glte now I know im not supposed to have 4g in va. Anyone else in va have 4g. And I did a speed test by the way and it was 25mb download so it was 4g for sure

Last edited:

mtva24#WN

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Has it come back on? I bought my droid 3 because I knew we weren't getting 4g in Richmond, but I will gladly take it back and get a 4g phone if we have 4g here already...

mjeffries

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Had 4g while on I-95, right around exit 74. This was at 5:50pm today. Lost 4g as soon as I got on the exit for the downtown expressway.

mjeffries

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Got a speed test of it this morning. 15.82Mbps down, 3.73Mbps up. That was at 7:09am just after getting onto I-64 East from 95. Only lasted for a few miles.

vmp2002

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I also got 4g LTE signal in one particular place(speed was really slow) in my apartment located new undergrad VCU campus. Is richmond on the verizon's 4g list of future cities?

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I also got 4g LTE signal in one particular place(speed was really slow) in my apartment located new undergrad VCU campus. Is richmond on the verizon's 4g list of future cities?

Last time I looked at the future market launch of VZW's LTE network Bristol was the only place in VA to be scheduled to receive LTE. So here is to hoping that VZW has scrubbed the list and included more marketable areas of interest.

MP5_ForTheWin

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
According to a Rep in the Staples Mill VZW Store(Today 8/19), Richmond is targeted to be turned up live on 4g October 1 as a firm date. Take it for what its worth... The info had nothing to do with a sale since I already have a 4g capable device, it was just a casual conversation volunteered from them without even being asked about it.

But we do know they have at least one tower up and running on the I64/I95 interchange....

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
According to a Rep in the Staples Mill VZW Store(Today 8/19), Richmond is targeted to be turned up live on 4g October 1 as a firm date. Take it for what its worth... The info had nothing to do with a sale since I already have a 4g capable device, it was just a casual conversation volunteered from them without even being asked about it.

But we do know they have at least one tower up and running on the I64/I95 interchange....

I heard the same thing from a few places now so its looking true (fingers crossed)

Reactions: heelsbigc#AC

BRJC96

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Diamond last night for a Flying Squirells game but I was also following the VT - ECU football game on my new Bionic. I had a very solid 4G connection (and indicator on the phone) the entire game. I ran several speed tests, and it ranged from 14.5 mbps to 16.8 mbps dwonload, and .87 mbps to 1.84 mbps upload. Interstingly, I was on the phone with a Verizon account rep yesterday morning and I told him that I heard Richmond was getting 4g LTE in October. He checked and then told me Richmond was not on any list of new cities in their system... but that list changes weekly.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I had 4G yesterday at panara on staples mill and parham. So clearly 4G towers are here so we know its here. Now we just need them to flick the switch

BRJC96

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in Herndon today and - not surprisingly - had a 4g LTE connection. What was surprising however was that the average of several speed tests was only 2.5 Mbps download and around 3.5 Mbps upload. Certainly well below 4g advertised speeds and well below the speeds I was getting with a 4g connection at the Diamond last Saturday.

tjwhitejr

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Bionic at the Mechanicsville store on 9/8 and the girl I bought it from said 4G was enabled for the NASCAR race near the Fairgrounds (RIR). That it would be turned off on Monday (9/12) and turned on for good on October 1.

Sure enough, sometime on Monday I reverted to 3G.

And today, as I was riding down 360 towards downtown - near the Showplace - I was unable to send a Tweet and noticed there was no 3G or 4G. I powered the phone off and back on and it came up 4G.

As I approached the Maury St exit on I-95, it went back to 3G.

So I have hope that Oct. 1 is a good date and they are testing.

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see any part of SE Virginia lit up. I'm in Virginia Beach and a coworker who visited a Verizon store today said a rep told him that they were going to have 4G turned on by October 1. I keep seeing that date thrown around a lot from people in various parts of VA on various forums. If they do hit the switch, I will gladly jump over from Sprint. Hell I will probably jump over anyway :)

prevost4

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Diamond last night for a Flying Squirells game but I was also following the VT - ECU football game on my new Bionic. I had a very solid 4G connection (and indicator on the phone) the entire game. I ran several speed tests, and it ranged from 14.5 mbps to 16.8 mbps dwonload, and .87 mbps to 1.84 mbps upload. Interstingly, I was on the phone with a Verizon account rep yesterday morning and I told him that I heard Richmond was getting 4g LTE in October. He checked and then told me Richmond was not on any list of new cities in their system... but that list changes weekly.

Hah! I was at the diamond doing the very same thing with my bionic. I get it on and off in the museum district and fan, and near where I work on Glenside. It was strong in lakeside all the way to RIR. It isn't everywhere, not in short pump and not in Glen Allen where my folks live. The Corporate store near Glenside has on their sign that it is coming on Oct 1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan