Questions on Upgrading to new phones

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have 2 lines ready for an upgrade on 8/28 of this year. And I'm thinking of getting the bionic next month. If I do get it and something better comes out a month later when the trial ends. Will I be able to use my second line's upgrade as my own and just give my bionic to the second line???

And if so, do I have to go to a store for it or can I do it all online?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
only have one line, but I have given my old phones to others. Handled that all online. I don't see why you couldn't do it online. I think you would have to order it against the line with the remaining upgrade, but do the activation against previously upgraded line. Then activate "older" phone..... not sure I'm explaining this well.... I do believe it can be done, with some planning. Might take a while.... and you might want to move SIM from older to newer phone to keep it with 1st line. Backup SD card, depending one your apps and data you might want to move it with SIM card... It's early I need more coffee... not sure my fingers are moving as fast as my brain this morning.

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So, pretty much just use upgrade the second line and just switch them by using the activate old phone option for both?

And also will all this make me pay full retail? I don't want that haha

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So, pretty much just use upgrade the second line and just switch them by using the activate old phone option for both?

And also will all this make me pay full retail? I don't want that haha

Order the 2nd phone on 2nd line. You will be charged when it ships. Activate 2nd phone on 1st line using first phone SIM and SD card. Then activate old 1st phone on 2nd Line with new SIM and SD card.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5h4un360

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Order the 2nd phone on 2nd line. You will be charged when it ships. Activate 2nd phone on 1st line using first phone SIM and SD card. Then activate old 1st phone on 2nd Line with new SIM and SD card.

Ahh ok. Cool thanks man. Also Guaranteed this works? Ha just making sure

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Since VZW doesn't use SIMs, I believe, only the SD cards need be swapped. A call to VZW to have them assign/reassign ESNs can be made or one can go online to do the swap.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have 2 lines ready for an upgrade on 8/28 of this year. And I'm thinking of getting the bionic next month. If I do get it and something better comes out a month later when the trial ends. Will I be able to use my second line's upgrade as my own and just give my bionic to the second line???

And if so, do I have to go to a store for it or can I do it all online?

Just so you know... The old 30 day satisfaction guarantee is now 14 days.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know... The old 30 day satisfaction guarantee is now 14 days.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Umm... yea I already knew that, idk if I wasn't clear or not but I meant to say was once my 14 day trial ends and I'm like a month in and a better phone comes out, can I use that bionic to the second line and use its upgrade as mine.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Since VZW doesn't use SIMs, I believe, only the SD cards need be swapped. A call to VZW to have them assign/reassign ESNs can be made or one can go online to do the swap.

All Verizon LTE and World phones has SIM cards..... For me that has been the last three phones

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ahh ok. Cool thanks man. Also Guaranteed this works? Ha just making sure

Just don't start activating old 1st phone on 2nd line until it's replaced on by the new phone ordered. website may take up to 20 minutes to 2 hours (so I've been told, 20 minutes I've seen) to reflect change. Basically you need old first phone off the account before activating it on 2nd line.

Reactions: 5h4un360

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I just found an option to use upgrade from another line option. I just bought the Bionic day one and so can I transfer my second lines upgrade to mine? If so, will I have to pay for retail of the Bionic?

Thanks again. Never really used my lines upgrades as my own

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo