AR 4G LTE Markets

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Little Rock market was on the list to deploy LTE by the first half of the year. Of course, that never happened. It's still supposed to launch this year, but time is running out Three more months will be left after Sept, and it didn't make next month's list. Does anyone that lives in central AR or the region know what's happening? I see Jonesboro is now going to get LTE this year, as well as Fort Smith (which the latter city was mentioned a long time ago).

Last edited:

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Re: No LTE in the Little Rock, AR area; why no love, VZW?

Blame it on Wal-Mart. You are in the Wal-Mart state you should know they call the shots in AR, they are telling Verizon where to place it. lol lol jk.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

From what I understood, Central Arkansas was supposed to launch before the end of the first half of this year, but they had a bit of a hurdle as to trying to get the backhaul in place or something. Jonesboro and Fort Smith, by the way, are getting LTE on Thursday (if they haven't gotten it by now).

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Test Date: Sep 10, 2011 12:11:24 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Wellington, KS
Download: 10.60 Mbps
Upload: 3.63 Mbps
Ping: 114 ms

External IP: 166.249.192.34
Internal IP: 10.149.226.110, 10.180.107.117
Latitude: 34.75518
Longitude: -92.33022

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/82827795.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

They are testing. It keeps droppingdown to 0 signal then back up. It also has gone down to 1mbps

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for sharing. Now, we know that they're finally working on expanding LTE to the area. I'm guessing November or December will be the time they launch it.

Last edited:

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Little Rock/Central AR LTE

As I was heading to Little Rock today, I noticed at one monopole multi-carrier structure that I know have Verizon antennas, the top group of antennas looked different from what I saw last time. I noticed taller antennas were installed at the top. It was located near Frontage Rd/Mt. Carmel right near Target and Best Buy in Benton/Bryant area. That's the only site I noticed changes so far (I'm sure there are others, but that's the noticeable cell site I've seen different so far).

jmotl

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

They actually brought in a COW "Cell on Wheels" for the game that was broadcasting LTE. they did that to take some of the bandwidth off of 3G. While tailgating I got speeds up to 20Mbps. I think it was smart on Verizon's behalf to have the COW because plenty of my Att friends were having issues getting out... From inside sources I hear we should be officially online by November. There was a problem with one of the contractors getting the repeater.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

They actually brought in a COW "Cell on Wheels" for the game that was broadcasting LTE. they did that to take some of the bandwidth off of 3G. While tailgating I got speeds up to 20Mbps. I think it was smart on Verizon's behalf to have the COW because plenty of my Att friends were having issues getting out... From inside sources I hear we should be officially online by November. There was a problem with one of the contractors getting the repeater.

Thanks for the information. Any idea if you can confirm that cities as far north as Searcy and as far south as Pine Bluff will be included in the launch, or do you not know how much of Central AR will be blanketed with LTE? Someone mentioned that to me, but I wanted to know if you knew anything on that.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

As I was heading to Little Rock today, I noticed at one monopole multi-carrier structure that I know have Verizon antennas, the top group of antennas looked different from what I saw last time. I noticed taller antennas were installed at the top. It was located near Frontage Rd/Mt. Carmel right near Target and Best Buy in Benton/Bryant area. That's the only site I noticed changes so far (I'm sure there are others, but that's the noticeable cell site I've seen different so far).

I've seen the LTE panels throughout little rock.
I know you didn't ask me, but If I had to guess, id say from between paron to west little rock up to cabot, but not in, about the old Siemens building south on 530 to baucom (Scott) is prolly gonna be the 4g footprint if Verizon keeps on track with their previous history. I'll be ecstatic if its more.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

When I had my iPhone through ATT and went to a game there in the past, I had to turn off 3g to send texts. I am glad I went to VZW.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone have anymore news on LTE in the Little Rock area, as to what locations outside of Little Rock/North Little Rock will get it? I talked to 2-3 people, and they don't have any details.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

So far, I've not seen anything or anyone mentioning that LTE is active in LR. The only thing I've seen is from a local station in the Little Rock market, The cities of Little Rock, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Conway, Morrilton, and Maumelle will be activated. Surprisingly, no Benton, Bryant, Hot Springs, etc (unless it's coming in December or will be listed as a separate market launch)? What's going on, Verizon? Is that really all? Thanks a lot! I'm sure many others will feel the same as I.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Test Date: Nov 18, 2011 7:10:20 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Springfield, MO
Download: 29764 kbps
Upload: 9838 kbps
Ping: 109 ms

External IP: 166.249.201.110
Internal IP: 10.188.172.177, 192.168.20.1
Latitude: 34.82351
Longitude: -92.36885

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/104311720.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi guys, I'm with Sprint and as I was driving in this morning to work I noticed that the tall building in downtown LR that normally has a ribbon or something on it in the office lights, sayd 4G on all four sides of the building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke