Warranty Replacement for Different Model Phone?

hankhank96

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had quite a few problems with the proximity sensor on my HTC ThunderBolt 4G (I'm actually on my 4th Like-New Replacement phone) and the problems are starting to appear again which are quite obnoxious. If I call Verizon, would they consider sending me a different model of phone? I'm an HTC kind of guy so I'd probably wait until the Vigor is released to ask for a different phone. Anyone know if this is possible?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I would try a company-owned store (see if you can speak with the manager) first.

If that fails, call tech support, tell them this is your 4th time with the same problem and you'd like to speak to a level 2 supervisor. They have the authority to do things like that if they're convinced it's a design problem, or something else that's going to cost them a ton of money to eep replacing phones for.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had them bump me to a newer phone, but they won't give you the newest phone on the market.

Posted via the Android Central App

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Resurrecting a 4 year old thread? I sure as heck hope that the original poster got this sorted out (4 years ago.......)
Haha I started reading this not seeing the date and saw thunderbolt and then vigor and was like whaattt????, I was almost impressed that phone lasted him this long lol