Thinking of switching to Verizon or AT&T?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on T-Mobile and their network has been fantastic for me. No dropped calls, fast data speeds, etc. but they don't have the best selection of phones imo.

I'm thinking of switching to either AT&T or Verizon. I REALLY like Verizons 4G LTE network but being capped off at 2gb a month would be a pain in the ass. That's really the only thing holding me back from going to Verizon. Going forward its clear that Verizon will have the fastest and most reliable network but their damn prices are insane.

I'm considering AT&T as they also have an LTE network coming but they seem like such an evil company for some reason. I also don't want to deal with dropped calls which a lot of AT&T users complain about. How bad is the dropped calls situation really?

What do you guys think is the better move?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

58Gemni

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Just moved to Verizon from T-mobile.... was with them a long time, last phone was a Nexus S. I have limited signal at my house for T-mobile but is was good enough, but lately, in the last 4 plus month there have been many dropped calls. too many to deal with any more. OK, enough about that.

Verizon has the best signal at my house and great 4G throughout my normal travels. Never have dropped a call.... BTW, I switched to the Bionic from the Nexus S... I am happy :)

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
AT&T also has tiered data, so either way you go, you face that dilemma. Verizon has been mostly good for me (I don't have LTE, yet, but I've experience it, and it's impressive.). I haven't had very many dropped calls for the 2 1/2 years I've been with "Big Red".

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys find yourself going over the 2gb limit for days often? I average around 100 mb of data a day so I'm not sure if 2gb will cut it.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys find yourself going over the 2gb limit for days often? I average around 100 mb of data a day so I'm not sure if 2gb will cut it.

If you get a 3G device, you'll be fine with 2gb. If you get a 4g device you'll need 5gb minimum.

Don't go with AT&T. It's going to be a long time before their LTE network can compete with Verizon's, and att's 3G network still struggles in many areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
With LTE I'm having a really hard time keeping my usage below 2 Gig. I'm not sure if its because I just got LTE and a new LTE phone, or if I'm really going to use this much data on an on going basis.

As far as Verizon vs AT&T -- I would take a good look and see who has the best coverage where you Work, Live, and Play.

Rule #1 when buying wireless service, is Look at the Network First. What good is the best phone/plan going to do you if you can't get reliable service.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I like AT&T because all of their phones are world phones. I like being able to swap SIM cards. I also like that GSM devices get better battery life than CDMA devices. I know that many people dislike AT&T but I don't really have a problem with them.

zuko33

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

I recently switched to Verizon for the 4G network. Everyone keeps telling me that 2GB isn't enough and with the 4G you will go through data like crazy. I'm on day 15 of 30 in my month and i have used 321MB. I haven't used my phone any different then i used my phone when i was with sprint which had the unlimited data plan. I think it just really depends on what you use the phone for. If you stream music a lot or use netflix you are going to go over the 2gigs. I mostly use my phone for the web, email and some apps that use some data. I do sometimes use youtube but not a ton.
I don't think anyone can really tell you how much data you are going to use without knowing you. But if you average 100MB a day then you will do about 3gigs a month. If you do that it would still be cheaper to get the 2gig plan and pay the overage fee which is $10 a gig. It only pays to get the 5gig plan if you think you will do 4 to 5 gigs a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney