Upgrading from a BB. Which Verizon android phone to get??

Which Verizon phone should I upgrade to?

• Total voters

factorygirl28

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon and I am finally eligible for an upgrade! I can't wait to get rid of this useless BB Curve, but I'm not sure what phone to get. I definitely want 4g and I definitely want an android. That leaves the Thunderbolt, Charge, and Bionic. I use my phone for texting, internet, and camera mostly. I am impatient so a fast phone will be great! Is a dual core processor really a huge difference? What do all you experienced android users think? Are these good options or should I stick it out and wait a little longer for the next big think like Nexus Prime? Is there a big difference when it comes to the manufacturer of the phone? Any insight would be great! Thanks!

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure exactly how useful dual cores are for phones, as, I'm not sure if apps are coded to utilize multiple cores. It will probably make things faster though as multiple apps running simultaneously could take advantage of separate cores. So, it's probably a good thing.

Regarding the Thunderbolt and Charge. I was looking for a 4.3 inch phone and picked my X2 over the Thunderbolt and Charge. Heard bad things about the Thunderbolts battery life, and, the Charge felt like a cheap plastic toy with a horrendously garish screen. I wasn't too concerned about 4G at this point, so, I went with the X2. It seemed like the most solid of the three, the display was the nicest, and, it's just an all around good phone. My buddy has an original X, so, I got to spend sometime using it, which, helped in my decision.

That doesn't really help you though I guess as it's not 4G.

Since I bought my X2, I haven't kept up on phones like I was when I was getting ready to purchase a phone, but, of the three you listed, I'd pick the Bionic. Mainly because I didn't like the other two. If there is something coming down the line that's better than the Bionic, I can't speak to it. Maybe someone else will have some say on that. But of what you listed, I'd go with the Bionic. I'd still do some research on what phones are coming out. A good site to follow is http://www.bgr.com/.

Also, I just made the vote on the poll a four way tie. Doh!!

elamb23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my Incredible in Nov and I am in the same boat. I really like HTC and sense and I feel bigger is better but not sure what is the "best" phone to get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If your not due for an upgrade until Nov., go with the Incredible HD, which will be releasing next month according to rumors. There may also be more info on the Prime by then, too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I went from a Tour to a Bionic. It's not been easy but switching from Palm OS to BB wasn't either. There are upsides and downsides. Overall it's been pretty good though.

factorygirl28

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been eligible for an upgrade since Sept. 18 and I feel like it has already been too long! I am leaning towards the bionic. I went to Verizon and played with the phones a little, so as soon as I convince myself to spend the money, I'm getting it!

l0wr1d3r

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If you can order through Amazon Wireless without getting nailed by a early termination fee, you can get Thunderbolt, Charge, possibly Bionic for a penny:

http://wireless.amazon.com/f/pennyp...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1336206

Thunderbolt's actually a solid phone since the GB update, and it's got a decent camera. Battery life appears to be substantially improved. No HDMI out, though.You're going to want JuiceDefender and Swype beta if you get it.

Just to clarify, Amazon wireless is just a VZ reseller. You're still using/being billed by Verizon.

Last edited:

kil187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat too, but I would like a phone with a physical keyboard as I text and E-mail a lot. I'm spoiled by the BB keyboard so I know making the switch will be easier on a hardware KB equipped phone, like the Stratosphere, but since that is last years tech, I would like something newer, any ideas?

Don't mean to hijack your thread btw, just in similar circumstances.:)