Ulimited Data Changes

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get out of the contract with Verizon changing their Data terms? They are basically saying if your on a 3G phone and use over 2GB data your getting "throttled". They claim if you have a 4G phone you will not get "throttled". Or get them to push upgrade dates to get a 4G phone without cancelling service. I find it BS that they will force "throttling" onto you if you go over 2GB and don't have a 4G phone. Source > Network Optimization.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No, there's not. The options to throttle usage has been always been there. So it was part of your agreement from the beginning. Are you a heavy user in a congested area or have you been notified of being throttled?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon and the other carriers will do whatever it takes to keep you from leaving before your contract ends without paying an ETF. They will fight tooth and nail to do so.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No, there's not. The options to throttle usage has been always been there. So it was part of your agreement from the beginning. ...
Not sure if it's always been there but it has for quite a few years, anyway. If the OP has been on an unlimited plan for a looong time, he may have more of a case. More importantly, long-term customers have more pull in friendly negotiations with Verizon. They always bend over backwards to keep me happy.

JoshB410

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlimited data plan.
I have a 3G phone.
I am in a pretty populated area (Columbus) and use a fair share of data, as I should be able to.

Just did a speedtest:
1.04Mbps Download
0.74Mbps Upload

That's way too slow. . .

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3G phone.
I am in a pretty populated area (Columbus) and use a fair share of data, as I should be able to.

Just did a speedtest:
1.04Mbps Download
0.74Mbps Upload

That's way too slow. . .

What were your regular speeds?

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
And try different servers. I get the best results using the servers in Atlanta...

Most carriers throttle heavy users these days.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3G phone.

Just did a speedtest:
1.04Mbps Download
0.74Mbps Upload

That's way too slow. . .

No it isn't. That's about average. Mine hovers right around that, and I live in a populated area. The only time I get speeds that are faster is very early in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol