Upgrade question

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. The last 2 yrs I have been on an HTC Incredible with eligibility for upgrade in July 2011. That time rolled around and I upgraded to the iPhone 4, then I started hearing good things about the iPhone 5 so I returned the iPhone 4 after 7 days. I waited and waited and went with the 4s last Friday 10/14. I'm not real happy with the phone so this is where my question comes in. Can I return the i4s and reactivate my HTC Inc. and still have an upgrade available? I'm not really exchanging phones I'm just returning it for something else later down the road.

Anyone know how any of that works? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe as long as you return your phone within the 14 day return period (which is for Verizon corporate stores, it may be different for 3rd party stores), you will not lose your eligibility to upgrade. It sure wouldn't make sense to anyways. : )

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the replies all. After talking with the Customer Service here is what I was told:
You can return a phone (as long as you are within the 14 day window), but you can only Exchange twice. However, since I returned it and went back to my old DInc it is not considered an exchange so my upgrade is still there. When I do get a new phone my next upgrade will start from the day I get my new phone.

@MissJennell: I've been on Android for 2 years and switching to the iPhone just seemed stagnant. I'm used to the customizations and widgets which made my days/life more organized and efficient. I though Siri would change that but I think I used it once. However, it does have a very polished feel to it and I can see why it is a huge success but it's not for me.