Adding a family plan line through the website?

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Been looking online for the past hour or so, and am hitting a wall.

I've done a few dry runs trying to buy a phone and my choices always end up "New Individual Plan" or "New Family Plan", but none of them allow me to add an additional line to my existing family plan.

1. Is there currently a way to add another line to my family plan through the website or do I have to call to do this?

2. If I went and just bought it as a new individual plan, can customer service switch that to a proper "line 2" for my family plan when the phone arrives?

-Al

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you logging onto My Verizon using your Family plan credentials? You have to already have a Family plan to "add a line".

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm logged into the master account which has 2 tablets, a Mi-Fi device and a family plan with 1 phone currently on it (soon to be 2).
I didn't think you could have a Family plan with only one cell phone on it. I dunno...

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think you could have a Family plan with only one cell phone on it. I dunno...
Yeah totally possible -- just ported 1 number over from AT&T, started a family plan. Now waiting for the Galaxy Nexus, and when that happens I want to add the 2nd one porting from AT&T.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Create a second individual plan and then merge them into a family plan if it doesn't give you the option to add a family plan line.

Reactions: alee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21