ordering through amazon

h20squirter

Apr 19, 2010
www.rossmeadows.com
so im looking at finally dumping sprint and jumping on with big red. looking at a razr for the wife and a rezound for myself. this weekend has amazon has them both for a penny. my question is about how the warranty issues work. if i have an issue can i not take the phone back to the store and get it taken care of? this would be a deal breaker for me but i would love to spend $.02 and not $500.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just remember amazon does not have an exchange policy. If u don't like the phone your only option is to return and cancel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought my wife's Thunderbolt through Amazon at launch. About a month ago the charging port went bad. I was instructed to get it replaced through Verizon, which I did no problems. I think the carrier's still handle warranty replacements.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the carrier's still handle warranty replacements.

Correct. Regardless of wherC you bought it as long as it was through an authorized reseller (ie not some guy on eBay or craigslist) Verizon will honor the manufacturer's warranty of any phone on your account.

Also pay special attention to the strings that Amazon attaches and the possible $250 penalty for violating them.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just remember amazon does not have an exchange policy. If u don't like the phone your only option is to return and cancel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I think you are wrong on that one. Been there done that. They had me place the order for the new phone and than manually edited the price to promo price and had me return the phone. it was six months ago.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay. I've been told 3 times now that they will not exchange my phone. Only return it.

my phone sent this message and I had nothing to do with it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I think you are wrong on that one. Been there done that. They had me place the order for the new phone and than manually edited the price to promo price and had me return the phone. it was six months ago.

That's them working around the system and making an exception. If they had an actual exchange policy all they would have to do is send an RMA and then when the old was received (or confirmed shipped) send out the new device under the same order.

You must have had some major issue to get them to go that far for you.

When I ordered a device from them I neglected to add the mobile hotspot feature to take advantage of the $100 gift card for doing so. When I called CS and asked if I could change that they told me I would have to cancel the original order and place a second one with the hotspot feature specified.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought my wife's Thunderbolt through Amazon at launch. About a month ago the charging port went bad. I was instructed to get it replaced through Verizon, which I did no problems. I think the carrier's still handle warranty replacements.

Yes they do but if the problem had happened during he 14 day return policy you would have gotten a NEW device not a CLNR.

With Amazon as stated you would need to return the device and place a second order.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie