Charge, bionic or wait for the 4?

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the razr and it was toooo big. Alot of empty space for no reason. I'm using an interim device while my upgrade is reset and thought I would ask a question.

Has anyone tried both the charge and the bionic and if so, which one has
A)better reception
B)less lag
C)overall better experience
D)ergonomic feel. (I only ask this because the models always have the big cord that makes it impossible to actually feel one).

And taking all of that into account would I be better off just waiting for the Droid 4 or the nexus?

My problem is that I just don't want a wide phone or a huge ass screen. The Att galaxy s2 is the perfect size phone for a 4.3 screen. But all of Verizon's are freaking monsters.

However the reception is the number one thing for me.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the razr and it was toooo big. Alot of empty space for no reason. I'm using an interim device while my upgrade is reset and thought I would ask a question.

Has anyone tried both the charge and the bionic and if so, which one has
A)better reception
B)less lag
C)overall better experience
D)ergonomic feel. (I only ask this because the models always have the big cord that makes it impossible to actually feel one).

And taking all of that into account would I be better off just waiting for the Droid 4 or the nexus?

My problem is that I just don't want a wide phone or a huge ass screen. The Att galaxy s2 is the perfect size phone for a 4.3 screen. But all of Verizon's are freaking monsters.

However the reception is the number one thing for me.

The Charge is almost End Of Life and I strongly caution you against it, get the Bionic or the Rezound if you are getting something on the market right now.

> A)better reception - Bionic
> B)less lag - Neither really lags but the Bionic is a little smoother going form screen to screen and in the app drawer
> C)overall better experience - Rexound because of HTC sense, but if you use Launcher Pro or another launcher of choice this could be a tie
> D)ergonomic feel. (I only ask this because the models always have the big cord that makes it impossible to actually feel one). -- Rezound feels a lot better in the hand.

As for waiting for the D4 or Nexus the choice is yours but remember the D4 wont have a removable battery and the overall feel will be similar to the RAZR. If you're a phone nerd who is okay with some bugs and apps that don't work correctly right away it may be worth waiting for the Nexus but if those would bother you then you may want to wait till ICS has been tested on more apps and these recent gen phones start to get the updgrade early next year.

Reception wise the Charge is actually pretty good compared to the old Fascinate which was not very good so I am not sure how the Nexus will be, That's hard to say.

If you can wait a week or two try all 4 out otherwise go with the Bionic if reception is your number one qualifier.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Bionic about the same size as the Razr? Anyway, I would also suggest staying far away from the Charge, heard nothing, but bad things about it.

Consider waiting to check out the Galaxy Nexus or what Verizon announces in January?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the Bionic about the same size as the Razr? Anyway, I would also suggest staying far away from the Charge, heard nothing, but bad things about it.

Consider waiting to check out the Galaxy Nexus or what Verizon announces in January?

The Razr is actually quite a bit wider and the Bionic is almost twice as thick as the Razr.

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The Razr is actually quite a bit wider and the Bionic is almost twice as thick as the Razr.

Not that it matters much, but I personally don't like the look of the RAZR and prefer the Bionic (though I like the physical design of other Android devices, especially the Droid Charge, even more).

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Not that it matters much, but I personally don't like the look of the RAZR and prefer the Bionic (though I like the physical design of other Android devices, especially the Droid Charge, even more).

I prefer the Bionic myself. Not much of a fan of the Charge personally.