Verizon=Christmas Grinch!

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
So I stopped by a vzw store today to get my wife her Christmas present. I became eligible for an upgrade last week and decided to use it to get her the razr since she has the og X and I have a TB. Anyways they mess up the activation process and completely disable her X! So I have to call CS to get her phone reacticated thus ruining her Christmas surprise. I think they should owe me a free phone or something. A new Nexus would suit me fine lol :)

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So I stopped by a vzw store today to get my wife her Christmas present. I became eligible for an upgrade last week and decided to use it to get her the razr since she has the og X and I have a TB. Anyways they mess up the activation process and completely disable her X! So I have to call CS to get her phone reacticated thus ruining her Christmas surprise. I think they should owe me a free phone or something. A new Nexus would suit me fine lol :)

I would call customer service and ask for a manager. That is terrible that they ruined your Christmas surprise. They do owe you something for that.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Well I bought the lapdock, cover, and screen protectors so I dunno what else they could give me lol. Beside we had already talked about getting her a new phone so it wasn't a total surprise.....

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I think that all they owe you is an apology. This could have been prevented if you had been a little more prepared.

How could I have been more prepared? I clearly explained the situation and they said it wouldn't be an issue.............I guess I could've put together a power point presentation explaining step by step my situation and what they needed to do *rolls eyes*

Reactions: ladyc0524

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok now this is just getting ridiculous! I decided to go ahead and give my wife her new phone early since A) She already knew she was getting it and B) her Droid X was starting to act up. Well after I give it to her we go to activate it and it won't active so I call CS to get help and come to find out the store gave me a bad sim card! So now I have to get out tomorrow and make a special trip (the closest store is almost 45 mins away) just to get a good sim card!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok now this is just getting ridiculous! I decided to go ahead and give my wife her new phone early since A) She already knew she was getting it and B) her Droid X was starting to act up. Well after I give it to her we go to activate it and it won't active so I call CS to get help and come to find out the store gave me a bad sim card! So now I have to get out tomorrow and make a special trip (the closest store is almost 45 mins away) just to get a good sim card!

To do an upgrade and give you the upgrade price they need to acticate the phone briefly that is unfortunately how it works unless it is somehow post dated in the system or something. Corporate store may be able to do something like that I am not sure.

You said the phone was activated and then deactivated (so you could re activate her old DX). That processioned the SIM. It's not that you got a "Bad" SIM card pe se bit they shpuld have known that you would need a new one.

But regardless as someone said earlier in the thread they own you an apology not a new phone.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
But regardless as someone said earlier in the thread they own you an apology not a new phone.
They owe him more than just an apology. They should at least give him a free screen protector or something. It really sucks that someone was so incompetent that they effed up his Christmas surprise to his wife.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
How could I have been more prepared? I clearly explained the situation and they said it wouldn't be an issue.............I guess I could've put together a power point presentation explaining step by step my situation and what they needed to do *rolls eyes*

For one, you could have used the upgrade with a future activation date. Another option that you could have done would have been to get your wifes MEID number to her X and then when the new phone was activated had them then reactivate her old one. It would have taken only a few minutes to do the switch and she most likely wouldn't have noticed. If she had noticed then she would have just thought that it was a glitch with her phone and nothing more since it would have been so short. Or yet a third option would have been to order it online and had it shipped to your work. Then you could have just activated it within 30 days. It wouldn't have messed with her phone at all then.

There is a lot that you could have done on your side to help the situation go smoothly. So again I think that all they owe you is an apology. I guess this is the season for people and entitlement, instead of forgiveness and knowing that people are only human.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Haha, this same thing happened to me! I bought her a RAZR to replace the Thunderbolt and I accidently told him to activate it on the spot. Needless to say, she knew right away and I had to give the RAZR to her that day.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
For one, you could have used the upgrade with a future activation date. Another option that you could have done would have been to get your wifes MEID number to her X and then when the new phone was activated had them then reactivate her old one. It would have taken only a few minutes to do the switch and she most likely wouldn't have noticed. If she had noticed then she would have just thought that it was a glitch with her phone and nothing more since it would have been so short. Or yet a third option would have been to order it online and had it shipped to your work. Then you could have just activated it within 30 days. It wouldn't have messed with her phone at all then.

There is a lot that you could have done on your side to help the situation go smoothly. So again I think that all they owe you is an apology. I guess this is the season for people and entitlement, instead of forgiveness and knowing that people are only human.

You don't need the MEID off the phone the number is stored in the device history on the account but in order to process the upgrade you have to actually activate the new phone and yes you can switch it back in a few minutes BUT you still have to do the *228 activation on the old phone to re-activate it. It doesn't sound to me like they screwed up more that they did not know that the old phone had to be reprogrammed again.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
They owe him more than just an apology. They should at least give him a free screen protector or something. It really sucks that someone was so incompetent that they effed up his Christmas surprise to his wife.

It would have been nice of them to have given him a token or some kind like that but they did not OWE him anything. Sometimes I really get sick of seeing the entitlement attitude in these forums.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
You don't need the MEID off the phone the number is stored in the device history on the account but in order to process the upgrade you have to actually activate the new phone and yes you can switch it back in a few minutes BUT you still have to do the *228 activation on the old phone to re-activate it. It doesn't sound to me like they screwed up more that they did not know that the old phone had to be reprogrammed again.

The point is that there are steps that could have been taken on the consumers end to prevent this from happening.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The point is that there are steps that could have been taken on the consumers end to prevent this from happening.

Ok so they did nothing wrong by saying it wouldn't be a problem for me to buy it and activate it later then they screwed up the process? Last I checked I was the customer paying for their service that in return pays the rep's paycheck so therefore they are there to take care of my needs. I should know how this works because I work for a company that if we don't do what we promise then we lose millions of dollars.

On top of all that happend originally I've made 3 calls to Verizon and been to a store because of camera issues with the same phone and Verizon has FINALLY agreed to let us exchange the phone for a brand new replacement. I know they shouldn't owe me a new phone so all you thinking I was serious can take their panties out of their wad, but as much as I've been through I feel I should be compensated somehow. Tomorrow will be the 3rd special trip to a store that is 25 miles one way because of issues with the same phone. It would be nice if they offered a small credit to out bill or a free accessory.

Last edited:

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
It would have been nice of them to have given him a token or some kind like that but they did not OWE him anything. Sometimes I really get sick of seeing the entitlement attitude in these forums.
And I get really sick of people who don't know jack about the law post about contract issues.

And no, you don't need it in writing for it to be a contract. Lay people are always confused about that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm