MMS restrictions?

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Had a friend try to send me MMS today from a non-Verizon number, and all I got was a blank text message. Phone indicated there was an attachment, but nothing ever downloaded. Does Verizon still maintain size limitations on out-of-network MMS? Any other limitations that might be interfering?

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Had a friend try to send me MMS today from a non-Verizon number, and all I got was a blank text message. Phone indicated there was an attachment, but nothing ever downloaded. Does Verizon still maintain size limitations on out-of-network MMS? Any other limitations that might be interfering?

Try having your friend resend the message. I've never had an issue like that once the attachment is actually downloaded (I have a Bionic so lord knows I've had issues with downloading attachments over the network). I know when I get a multi page text from a Verizon customer, it comes as 1 text but with a different carrier, I get 3-4 separate text messages so I wonder if they still have those limitations as well. I remember back in the day, when I would send a multipage text to another carrier, I would get a text back saying it only sent the first 160 characters. I would also check your friends phone when he is sending the message, when I send a large picture or animated one, it has a warning that it needs to "downsize to send it" that says "Resize picture before sending, Animation may be lost". If the message is of a picture that moves or something, that could be the issue. I'm no expert but just trying to provide some insight since your question had no answers yet.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, we tried re-sending with the exact same result. I don't think the attachment actually downloads -- it seems like it's getting stripped somewhere in the network between leaving my friend's phone and arriving at mine, but somehow my phone still knows that an attachment was supposed to be there at some point. As far as I know it's not an animation or anything like that, just a photo taken with the camera on my friend's phone. I forget what type of phone it is, but I'm pretty sure it's a non-iPhone smartphone, so there's a high probability it's some sort of Android phone.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
have them send it to someone else, and then forward it to you from that different phone. See if it's related to the device/carrier/ or the file itself?