Did Verizon slow down the 4G LTE rollout?

BigBoz

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I been keeping a close eye on the LTE roll out and to me it seem like they slowing it down. Every month it was at least 10+ different places and now its like a small hand full of places. I don't know if its just me tripping or the roll out slowed down.

Is there a site that says when certain areas would get it or are we just playing by ear?

I'm about a 15 min drive from the nearest LTE area and really wanna find out when its coming to my area.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I been keeping a close eye on the LTE roll out and to me it seem like they slowing it down. Every month it was at least 10+ different places and now its like a small hand full of places. I don't know if its just me tripping or the roll out slowed down.

Is there a site that says when certain areas would get it or are we just playing by ear?

I'm about a 15 min drive from the nearest LTE area and really wanna find out when its coming to my area.

They haven't slowed down at all. Look what month it is. Verizon is tying up the loose ends for 2011, and then will move on to starting their 2012 rollouts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping that was it, that they were busy finishing up 2011, and preparing for a huge launch. I was hoping we'd get an impressive list of markets, or at least a good handful of towns turned on across the country, but I feel they've slowed down too.

I was so so so very excited a few weeks ago when they shut our tower down at 11 one evening, and brought it back up the next morning, when I drove by I noticed larger, wider antennas on the sector holding the Verizon antennae. I just knew it would be any moment...well...I hoped. Still hasn't happened.

I live in Arkansas, in between Memphis, Dyersburg, and Jonesboro. So LTE is all around me, just not here.

January 5 smaller towns got it, and they turned 4G on a few of the towers around a couple of cities that already had it.

This month is even farther from impressive. 1 new town (that shouldn't be listed as a new market, as it's closer to the Nashville market) and minor expansions in a few other places. All in all, it doesn't look like they had to activate 4G on more than 10 towers this time around (I know, slight exaggeration) But us geeks get impatient waiting for the next great thing.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
got a 4g tease today was in Eatontown, NJ (central jersey) and both mine and wifes phone had the 4g I was so excited, but then the reality hit I got home less then 10 miles away and it was back to 3g what a bummer but I hope its soon its been almost a year I have my 4g phone and still no steady 4g in my area on verizon FLIP SOME MORE SWITCHES ON $G IN CENTRAL JERSEY PEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT's Advertised all over this area at every verizon store, but still no 4gl signal or service !!!!!!

Snyderman33

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping that was it, that they were busy finishing up 2011, and preparing for a huge launch. I was hoping we'd get an impressive list of markets, or at least a good handful of towns turned on across the country, but I feel they've slowed down too.

I was so so so very excited a few weeks ago when they shut our tower down at 11 one evening, and brought it back up the next morning, when I drove by I noticed larger, wider antennas on the sector holding the Verizon antennae. I just knew it would be any moment...well...I hoped. Still hasn't happened.

I live in Arkansas, in between Memphis, Dyersburg, and Jonesboro. So LTE is all around me, just not here.

January 5 smaller towns got it, and they turned 4G on a few of the towers around a couple of cities that already had it.

This month is even farther from impressive. 1 new town (that shouldn't be listed as a new market, as it's closer to the Nashville market) and minor expansions in a few other places. All in all, it doesn't look like they had to activate 4G on more than 10 towers this time around (I know, slight exaggeration) But us geeks get impatient waiting for the next great thing.

I feel your pain. I'm just outside Chattanooga (half hour away) and wish 4G would get here. So close yet so far =(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting here in Eau Claire,WI. When I travel to Minnesota the 4g is crazy fast .:cool:

Sent using speech to text
Galaxy Nexus.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got a 4g lock in red bank, NJ, I'm sure testing equipment for some more 4g rollout in NJ, didn't get it at my house yet, but I'm hopeful I will be included since, red bank is 15 mins south of me, where I work, and there's lte only 5 mounds north of me

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Jackson Nj here and still nothing! You would think Jersey would be completely covered by 4G considering its headquarters state.

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain. I'm just outside Chattanooga (half hour away) and wish 4G would get here. So close yet so far =(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You said it bro!

It really sucks being in a place where I can drive less than an hour, any of 3 directions and have it.

Then they tease us by working on the cell tower.

I really hope to see a more impressive launch next month...guess we'll have to sit and wait :-(

Ryp11

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is still being pretty quiet on new rollouts. I was hoping to hear about some new ones for the 15th but nothing yet. I could use 4G in Maine. closest is in NH about 2 hours away. I hope they get it here before US Cellular.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance