Replacement Phones

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I received my first Rezound and within 24 hours it started the continuous boot loop. I called tech support who went through troubleshooting with me. Ultimately, it was decided I needed another phone. Tech support advised I could either go to a corp store to swap it out or she could send me a replacement but it would take 2-4 days. I asked if she could overnight it. She said no. So I opted to leave work early, go to the corp store, stand in line forever to swap out a defective phone Verizon sent me.

I'm on my second Rezound. As of two days ago, it apps started force closing. I called tech support and went through the troubleshooting steps of taking the battery and sim card out then replacing them and rebooting the device. The tech told me that if apps continued to force close then do a hard reset. I did a hard reset and as of yesterday my second Rezound started powering itself down. The second time I turned it back on it read there was no service. Both my roommates have 3G phones and they had great signal but not my very powerful, very expensive 4G Rezound. I called tech support and went through troubleshooting. Tech support finally ruled that I needed a replacement phone but it would take 2-4 business days to arrive. I asked him what I was suppose to do with a phone that had no data connection. He said he was sorry but all he could do was send me a replacement in 2-4 business days. I asked if that was all he could do was to keep sending me replacement phones. I asked about swapping out for a 3G phone. He said I was stuck with the Rezound. I asked him to send me to accounts termination and he said he could terminate my account for me.

So Verizon, you'll quickly take my $300, keep sending me crap replacements that fail and cancel my account without so much as blinking.

Excellent customer service.

I actually miss AT&T.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Point is?

Did you have the same battery or did you get a new battery?

I had the same issue with my Incredible and it was the battery that was bad not the phone. You were mis-informed as you have 30 days to return the device and pay a restocking fee for a device of your choosing. Probably no to a 3g device since you signed a 2 year plan with a 4g device.

Are you going back to ATT or sticking with verizon because you didn't say if you did cancel account.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You only have 14 says to exchange the phone after purchase. If you didn't want that phone you should have exchanged it if it happened within 24 hours. They don't have to give you another phone, they're just obligated to exchange it. Contact the manufacturer of the phone if you don't like their warranty policy.

mail4diop

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The situation could have been handled differentlly but keep in mind that HTC makes the device and tech over the phone can only do so much and it is true that you have 14 days as a worry free period

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The situation could have been handled differentlly but keep in mind that HTC makes the device and tech over the phone can only do so much and it is true that you have 14 days as a worry free period

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

14 days it the return/exchange period but the worry free period (when a cancellation would wave the activation fee and all you pay is a prorated amount of what you have used) is 3 days.

Yes the whole thing could have been handled better and yes the issue is often a bad battery or a bad SIM card. When they do an exchange they should really replace everything.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante