record for data usage

wes-txt

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
And THIS is why the carriers are starting to throttle.

I don't think so. For every 1 person paying $30/month and using 100+ gigs, there's probably a 1000 using 1gig and paying the same amount. That only averages out to $27/gig. Even if the ratio was 1 to 100 it would still average out to $15/gig.

Verizon is just trying to pay for their LTE network.

Last edited:

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. For every 1 person paying $30/month and using 100+ gigs, there's probably a 1000 using 1gig and paying the same amount. That only averages out to $27/gig. Even if the ratio was 1 to 100 it would still average out to $15/gig.

Verizon is just trying to pay for their LTE network.

That still do sent matter. Comcast has a cap of 250gb and they enforce it. I'm fine if vzw throttles at 20gbs, that's more than I use with unlimited, which I know that's more data than they throttle at. But over 50 gb a month, that's excessive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol. In fact, they should give you a prize for using very little data. Like, a refund or something. Sorta like those car insurance companies that give you refund checks if you don't get in an accident.

I COMPLETELY AGREE! Verizon makes us bend over backwards already, so maybe they should for once.

anon(5709734)

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
This is annoying. I get 10 GB for $80. So if I use 6 instead, I just paid for 4 GB that just disappear. So in essence I'm helping supplement the data hogs with UDP.

Get WiFi. Go outside. Spend time with your family. Stop staring at your phone so much to use 80+ gigs

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is annoying. I get 10 GB for $80. So if I use 6 instead, I just paid for 4 GB that just disappear. So in essence I'm helping supplement the data hogs with UDP.

Get WiFi. Go outside. Spend time with your family. Stop staring at your phone so much to use 80+ gigs

While we do use more data we are simply using the plans that we are provided. Verizon forced UDP on people when they got smartphones back in the day .. So the people that kept it get to keep on using it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Also I do have wifi at home -- out and about not so much and I do not trust public wifi... and I do spend time with my family. So no worries there :). Just because I use data doesn't mean I don't have a life. It is super easy to use a few GB each day without even trying.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

No you're not paying for my unlimited. That's the worst logic I think one heard look. If you don't use 10 GB, change your plan

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

anon(5709734)

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
No you're not paying for my unlimited. That's the worst logic I think one heard look. If you don't use 10 GB, change your plan

Not the point. Unused data is still payed for. Whether its a GB or a KB, I'm paying for 10 GB. I had 8 but wouldn't you know its cheaper for 10.

Unlimited is fine, 20, 30 GB but 80+ is excessive. Point is people that take it to extremes force others to balance them out.

Notwithstanding, Verizon is a greedy hungry pig that will never have unlimited data til Google forces them to but I digress

And its sound logic. That's why they don't refund or carry over data, to supplement the cost of excessive users

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And its sound logic. That's why they don't refund or carry over data, to supplement the cost of excessive users

No they do it for profit -- that is it. Verizon rakes in Billions in profits .. they are not hurting from a few users using their unlimited data. If it was that bad they would just snatch unlimited away but they would rather not have the bad PR.

You can use your 10 GB as you see fit just like an unlimited user can use theirs as they see fit. It is what the plan offers -- they just got it back when it was unlimited.

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
No they do it for profit -- that is it. Verizon rakes in Billions in profits .. they are not hurting from a few users using their unlimited data. If it was that bad they would just snatch unlimited away but they would rather not have the bad PR.

You can use your 10 GB as you see fit just like an unlimited user can use theirs as they see fit. It is what the plan offers -- they just got it back when it was unlimited.
Good point, but *in profits...they are. An ellipsis is three dots 😃

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

See, you understand! If sprint can afford to do it, then verizon can afford the around 5% of unlimited users.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
See, you understand! If sprint can afford to do it, then verizon can afford the around 5% of unlimited users.

IIRC (I could be wrong) I think about 20% of their subs have unlimited still. Either way -- They still do it for profit for sure.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
IIRC (I could be wrong) I think about 20% of their subs have unlimited still. Either way -- They still do it for profit for sure.

At&t has about 20%. Verizon's is much lower. Although it went up with that iPhone 6 loophole awhile back.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At&t has about 20%. Verizon's is much lower. Although it went up with that iPhone 6 loophole awhile back.

Not sure .. I would have to see an actual report. Last I remember was 20% during their fiasco with throttling unlimited user. I am sure it has changed though.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure .. I would have to see an actual report. Last I remember was 20% during their fiasco with throttling unlimited user. I am sure it has changed though.

Could you link me to that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20