Need help choosing my next phone

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade is in early may, and at the moment I have a DROID X. I plan on staying with Verizon and I am just not sure what my next device should be. I am mainly looking at the galaxy nexus and RAZR MAXX. I don't use LTE nor is it available anywhere near me besides NYC, and I did have bad experiences with Motorola such as the bootloaders, my phone froze a lot, I had to do 2 factory resets, the battery kinda exploded a bit (basically it inflated) and permanently damaged the back casing, which is now slightly bent, and the separate layers of the screen were forced together for some time, and i had to wipe the SD Card once. The only feature that draws me to the MAXX is the 3300MAH battery. On the nexus I like the clean look, and the ICS, and getting updates first. I have a droid X so obviously the battery life on the Nexus has to be better. I like the large 720p AMOLED (SAMOLED?) screen, and I don't care about the 5mp vs 8mp camera because all my friends iPhone 4's had a better camera than my X.
But if anyone has any other recommendations for phones please tell me.
Also I don't like the super thin RAZR because it feels like you have nothing to grasp when your holding it.
I also am a ginormous fan of rooting. I rooted my X after having it for a few weeks, and instantly loved it.

thanks in advance

PS. It feels nice to be back on Android Central after obsessing over Forza 4, E46 BMW M3's, and Airsoft (although I still play airsoft :p)

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I think the HTC one series, especially the X version is the one to get right now, if you are considering Galaxy Nexus...

But if battery life is of paramount value to you, the MAXX could carry you long into the next year to be honest.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Right now, I think the HTC one series, especially the X version is the one to get right now, if you are considering Galaxy Nexus...

But if battery life is of paramount value to you, the MAXX could carry you long into the next year to be honest.

But there is no One X variant on Verizon.

Freegoo

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I really liked the nexus, but the antenna was far too unreliable. You might want to wait to see if Verizon and Samsung get that figured out. If they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the nexus, but the antenna was far too unreliable. You might want to wait to see if Verizon and Samsung get that figured out. If they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When/if they do, they'll probably "fix" it by bringing out the Galaxy Nexus 2! :). 2=working radios.

-Frank

Sent using Tapatalk 2

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to the nexus 2 weeks ago. I too had the Droid X and the Og Droid before that. I walked into Verizon that day expecting to get the Maxx.
After playing with both phones on display, I walked out with a Nexus and have not regretted it for one minute because I felt it was the right phone for me.
Go to a Verizon store play with the display phones and get what you like, you will find plenty touting the Nexus plenty touting the Maxx and just as many swearing by the Rezound. Ignore us all and get the phone YOU like for the reasons you like it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the nexus 2 weeks ago. I too had the Droid X and the Og Droid before that. I walked into Verizon that day expecting to get the Maxx.
After playing with both phones on display, I walked out with a Nexus and have not regretted it for one minute because I felt it was the right phone for me.
Go to a Verizon store play with the display phones and get what you like, you will find plenty touting the Nexus plenty touting the Maxx and just as many swearing by the Rezound. Ignore us all and get the phone YOU like for the reasons you like it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Solid.

Also if you like rooting why not go with something more open anyways like the nexus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol