Has Verizon really become this expensive?

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys quick question on my bill. I just added my fiance to my plan since were getting married in 2 months. I bought her an iPhone for her wedding gift.

I added her in the middle of my cycle. The guy at my store said hed backdate the month so I wouldn't be charged so much for prorating.

My bill next month has come to $294.50 and $254.67 with my employees discount. My statement shows monthly charges as 204.50. Is that what I'm going to be paying each month? That seems a little ridiculous.

We are on the 700 min $85 talk to any mobile free and unlimited text plan. I have $30 unlimited data and she has $30 2 gb data. I have $7 Asurion insurance and she has the $10 total coverage. I may just be looking at it wrong but it seems like it should be closer to 160/170 a month with taxes and cheaper with my discount. Any help? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I need to add that I bought the Gnex extended battery for $25 and had it put on my bill as well for this month.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
First since you added a new line you will pay for the remaining if you prorate(don't know about backdate) and get charged a month in advance. After the second month it should go down. Also you get a 35$ activation fee for the iphone unless your discount waiver it. Another thing is your discount only applies to your line not hers. I found out that my discount has a bonus discount applied to second line if I sign up for paperless billing. Hope this helps. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
This might help. VZW used to add the talk and/or messaging plan in to the main account holder portion of the bill. Now it is separate, which is nice. This is my bill break down for my 5 line 1400 minutes family plan, and I pay $240 with 20% off on my bill:
Talk/Message - $78.00 with discount.
my line - $41.01 - smartphone with $6 taken off for my data package
2nd - $47.02 - smartphone
3rd - $47.02 - smartphone
4th - $17.02 - basic phone
5th - $17.02 - dummy line

But since I need to reduce my bill, I removed the family unlimited text message which was $30 and will find out how much my new bill will be.