Trouble activating...

FatTony666#AC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So I bought a Droid from a friend who moved from Verizon to Sprint. He was on a family plan but the entire account/contract was cancelled. His cell service disconnected on Monday morning, 6/7. He gave me the phone today, 6/9, and when I tried to activate it I was told that it was attached to another account and they couldn't activate it. I called my friend and told him the issue. He called Verizon and was told that they won't disconnect the phones from that account until the end of the billing period....even though the account was completely cancelled. Can any Verizon reps confirm this or should he try calling again? I don't think my BlackBerry 9530 can last another 9 days. Thank you in advance and please ask questions if I left out any pertinent information.

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you're out of luck man. It is odd that they would do that, I didn't have any problems coming over from AT&T before the end of the cycle, but that might be a different circumstance.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You already asked this question in Crackberry and received your answers there. Either have the original owner switch out the ESN or wait until after the bill cycle...