Get a new phone or wait

drummerman2008

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the thunderbolt and my contract is up in November I really want a new phone. I was wondering should I get a new phone now.....or wait until my contract is up at the end of November?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Remember, you are normally eligible 4 months early (20 months) unless you are calling November as your 20 month point.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Naw....I don't really need a new phone I just want a new one. This thunderbolt is getting old for me

Personally, there is no way I would move away from the ThunderBolt and into another contract with the current crop of VZW smartphones. November is the perfect timeframe to expect some new and exciting stuff (unlike now, IMHO).

-Frank

Reactions: Jude526

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally, there is no way I would move away from the ThunderBolt and into another contract with the current crop of VZW smartphones. November is the perfect timeframe to expect some new and exciting stuff (unlike now, IMHO).

-Frank

But if he waits until March 2013 he will be able to pick from an even better crop.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
December 2013 is a better.
In all seriousness, don't wait for the "next best phone." Just get one you like.

I have to agree if you want a phone and find one you like get it. My upgrade was due in December 11 decided to wait for some trade shows see what was coming then waited for mobile world Congress, finally said Phyttttt and upgrade in March. If you keep waiting for the latest and greatest you will still be waiting this time next year.

Besides right now I kind of think cell phones are just evolving with no true creation on the near horizon. Right now it's a bump in processor, my screen has 5 more pixels than yours, my camera is1000th of a second faster etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree if you want a phone and find one you like get it.

Yeah, this is my usual advice too. However, compared to other VZW phones availabe now I don't see much difference between them and the TBolt. Might as well get a "real" upgrade, one day. Sooner than in two more years (or 20 months).

-Frank

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Should you change your underwear today or wait? Should you have Corn Flakes for breakfast or eggs and toast? Should you put Unleaded or Unleaded Premium? These are the questions you should be asking. I would love to make all these choices for you.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Should you change your underwear today or wait? Should you have Corn Flakes for breakfast or eggs and toast? Should you put Unleaded or Unleaded Premium? These are the questions you should be asking. I would love to make all these choices for you.

All your questions would depend on what the current state of your underware was at that time. :D

-Frank

Sent using Tapatalk 2

drummerman2008

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Remember, you are normally eligible 4 months early (20 months) unless you are calling November as your 20 month point.

When I got my thunderbolt some how I got into a one year contract instead of a two year. But I wasn't tripping I was happy cause I don't have to wait two years for a new phone

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I went from tbolt to rezound. Huge difference and I am very happy. But in 6 months you will see a lit of quad core phones.

In your case def worth waiting for.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not tired of my phone. This is the first time I am really happy with my phone. I like how I can switch out the homescreen design. And also weather widget with fancy Widgets. The phone is awesome

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan