Best Verizon Android Phone? (Currently?)

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The best phone available on any carrier is the one you decide to buy because it fits your own personal wants, likes and needs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jroc and Ry

Droosh

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Razr Maxx if you want long battery device or SD Card. Otherwise get the G-Nex if you want to ROM, want ICS out of the box, removable battery, or HD screen.

I have the G-Nex, but my wife is out of contract now. I personally plan to wait, hoping for something with a Krait or A15 based SoC device with more battery efficient LTE chip before they disallow upgrades on my grandfathered unlimited data family plan.

Reactions: Issemann

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The best phone available on any carrier is the one you decide to buy because it fits your own personal wants, likes and needs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

While I understand that I was asking for your personal opinion is all! Looking at the reasons to see what I can get out of each phone. Now while I have looked at the reviews I still like peoples personal opinions rather than a few reviews! Thats all.

Razr Maxx if you want long battery device or SD Card. Otherwise get the G-Nex if you want to ROM, want ICS out of the box, removable battery, or HD screen.

I have the G-Nex, but my wife is out of contract now. I personally plan to wait, hoping for something with a Krait or A15 based SoC device with more battery efficient LTE chip before they disallow upgrades on my grandfathered unlimited data family plan.

Thanks for the info Droosh! HD screen is not all that important as I dont do a ton of movies or games. Battery life is what looks good IMO. CPU for the 2 also seem to be about the same. So I guess its the life or screen eh? THanks for your reply! Very helpful.

Joeyosaurus

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been through every phone Verizon has released in the last 6 months, and have to say that the G-Nex has easily been the best.

Hopefully once ICS comes to the Maxx I'll be impressed enough to switch, but the current ICS Maxx roms practically ruin data connectivity.

My short answer:
G-Nex for now
Maxx with ICS soon
Galaxy S III w/o touchwiz in the future?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: cgardnervt

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. I'm using the Rezound for now, but haven't pulled the trigger on my wife's upgrade because there isn't anything available that I feel is worth it. I also have the Bionic sitting in a drawer at the moment because my wife thinks it's too big for her. (I can't blame her, actually... I think so too!) :cool:

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Rezound w/extended battery. Just a great phone but it's battery life stock really calls for a larger battery. Also have no problems with recommending the Droid RAZR MAXX. Best battery life available by far of any Android device. It's a unique shaped phone so I would go to store and at least try and get a feel for it in your hand.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Devour.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound, Razr Maxx and Gnex are all at the top of the list. Which one is best depends on the features you are looking for.

And I still have my Eris.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
For me, it's the Thunderbolt! Still the only Verizon LTE phone with a native kickstand, something I use all the time and can't imagine not having (no case kickstands need apply, prefer naked :)). Also, the simultaneous voice and data over both 3G and LTE is a sweet feature. As Verizon's first LTE phone, it has matured into a very stable device, one I plan on rockin for quite a while yet while waiting for a true successor. :p

Reactions: johnsonwcjw

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For me, it's the Thunderbolt! Still the only Verizon LTE phone with a native kickstand, something I use all the time and can't imagine not having (no case kickstands need apply, prefer naked :)). Also, the simultaneous voice and data over both 3G and LTE is a sweet feature. As Verizon's first LTE phone, it has matured into a very stable device, one I plan on rockin for quite a while yet while waiting for a true successor. :p

Can I have what you're smoking? Sounds like some good stuff.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Razr Maxx. I would have loved the features offered on the Galaxy Nexus. But in my opinion, a phone can have the greatest of everything, but if the battery life blows, no thanks. If Moto releases a Razr Maxx HD with the 3300 mAh battery, it will be king.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Can I have what you're smoking? Sounds like some good stuff.

LOL, I roll my own Thunderbolt doobs man... ;) You should visit the Thunderbolt forum for a while; there are many others who are smokin the same stuff man. :D

I'm surprised they battery lasted long enough to type out that message.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Hah, you would be so wrong. Like I said, the Thunderbolt has matured; battery life has improved quite a bit with the Gingerbread update last summer and subsequent OTA tweaks. With the standard battery, I get at least 24 hours (35 average) with light to moderate use, half that with heavy use. Add in that killer native kickstand and it's the best damn phone I've every owned! You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands... :p :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy