Official "How Much Data Do You Use?" thread

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I just want to see where I stand against the average monthly bandwidth usage for Verizon customers.

My monthly average is 3.5gigs

Mostly Google Music, Doggcatcher, a little Pandora, navigation, internet, Google Voice texts...

TJH

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Around 2.5 gigs unlimited plan but I'm on wifi a lot and still lte chews through data like a beast

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
How much is ur bill

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

9fqxrp.jpg

I'll be passing on subsidized phones and continue using as much data as I want.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
On unlimited data right now and average 1.5 GB/month - most of it due to streaming baseball games on MLB At Bat. I am planning on switching to a double data plan (4 GB) on my next upgrade (planning on the Inc 4GLTE) because while I can make the switch to carry over my unlimited data I really don't want to take a chance on 1-2 years from now how much it will cost and I'm not willing to take the chance that Verizon will keep the policy if you buy full price phones. I am on WiFi quite a bit and 4GB should be plenty and I won't have to worry about the 4 GB plan being taken away - don't care/want family share since my wife couldn't have less interest in a smartphone (I just bought a couple of "extra" surplus dumbphones in her exact model (new in the box for $100 each)). I just don't trust that Verizon will keep the grandfathering forever - remember once you are off contract (if you let your contract expire and replace it with a full price phone) there is nothing to prevent Verizon from changing your plan since you don't have a contract. Those of you who think Verizon will keep letting you use 10, 20, 30+ GB/month for only $30 forever are kidding themselves - you will either be throttled at a certain point (ask those ATT users how well their phones work at Sprint speeds - 200Kbits or less- when they reach some undefined "soft" cap on their unlimited plans). There is not competitive reason for Verizon to keep unlimited data - where are you going to go - Sprint????

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Just switched to a 3 line family plan. one unlimited data, 2 tiered.

Before the family plan I averaged 1 to 2gb. Had a stretch where I barely went over 1gb. Some times I hit close to or a lil over 3.

On my unlimited line, I might go anywhere between a few hundred mb to pushing 10gb. I had to up one tiered plan from 2 to 4 to 10gb. For me...10GB is about the most I use.

Only thing that changed was I signed up for Netflix a few months ago. After that and lots of YouTube, browsing forums...10GB started getting easier to hit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
where are you going to go - Sprint????

T-Mobile. If my unlimited plan is ever taken away or throttled, I'll go to T-Mobile with 5GB full speed and unlimited throttled plus unlimited texting and 100 minutes for $30/month. I'd save myself a lot of money. I'd just have to use Wi-Fi a lot more.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
For me...it would be at&t. after getting a PS vita, found out at&t gets better data reception in my area than Verizon. i'm assuming it would get better phone reception too.

If I ever lose unlimited.... at&t would look more appealing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I went over 1.5 Gigs for the first time last month. But I'm on wifi a lot so that helps. That doesn't mean take my unlimited away though. After this contract I'm going to leave big Red anyway. Especially if the rumors for the Next Nexuses are true. Verizon is very slow and uninformative about the update for a Nexus device. Even Sprints version is on 4.0.4. I think I will try At&t. It's the only carrier I've never tried. I like T-mobile and their phones but there Coverage is small and Sprint data speeds are way too slow to even be comfortable with.

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I average about 1 to 1.25 gb a month but my wife does 9 gb a month and most was in February with 13 gb. If vzw does away with my unlimited will have to go to T-Mobile or Sprint but i don't know which to go with yet.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm anywhere from 5-15 gb per month depending on monthly events. And with the Google+ app now letting you start a hangout from your mobile device, I see that data usage going up.

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Average about 8-10gb a month. I commute two hours round trip to work everyday streaming pandora, google music or youtube. Plus wifi sucks at work so thats another 8 hours of netflix or pandora most days.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I average 10gb - 15gb. Thats normal use though in todays age. Anyone who uses less than 2gb should be forced into tiered data.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech