Early termination

drummerman2008

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My contract is up next year in march if I wanted to cancel my contract will I be charge the full $350 or will I be charged based on how many months I have left in my contract

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
you will be charged the ETF minus 10.00 for every month you completed of your contract. Rvhighway doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Reactions: Ry

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with VZW yesterday about this and its exactly what super_mario said...... ETF of $350 for smart phones minus $10 for every month completed on the contract.

Too bad for me my contract is up june 2013 so I would have to pay something like $250 to cut my ties with them. I may sell my Bionic to pay for the ETF if they get rid of my grandfathered unlimited data.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with VZW yesterday about this and its exactly what super_mario said...... ETF of $350 for smart phones minus $10 for every month completed on the contract.

Too bad for me my contract is up june 2013 so I would have to pay something like $250 to cut my ties with them. I may sell my Bionic to pay for the ETF if they get rid of my grandfathered unlimited data.

I think its been said that 3G users upgrading to a 4G device will be forced to switch to a tiered data plan. Those with 4G appear to be unaffected as of now but that won't last for long. You will be able to keep unlimited data as long as you either buy a phone at full retail or outside of Verizon such as eBay. Its the signing of a new contract that will hurt us but I won't ever do that again until absolutely necessary. In other words, until Verizon forces it off on everyone no matter what.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Its 350-10 for every month you've kept the device. I hope I'm on the clock for this...

sent from my iPride 5G

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think its been said that 3G users upgrading to a 4G device will be forced to switch to a tiered data plan. Those with 4G appear to be unaffected as of now but that won't last for long. You will be able to keep unlimited data as long as you either buy a phone at full retail or outside of Verizon such as eBay. Its the signing of a new contract that will hurt us but I won't ever do that again until absolutely necessary. In other words, until Verizon forces it off on everyone no matter what.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

It was actually said that, any upgrade, 3g or 4G, will cause you you to change plans, unless you purchase phones full retail. If you have Unlimited, you keep it beyond that.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It was actually said that, any upgrade, 3g or 4G, will cause you you to change plans, unless you purchase phones full retail. If you have Unlimited, you keep it beyond that.

Just to be clear, the upgrade plan is not in place yet. As of now a 3g or 4g account with unlimited data can still be upgraded and keep unlimited. My brother upgraded to a bionic from a og droid Tuesday, and i upgraded from the bionic to a RAZR MAXX yesterday. We both kept our unlimited data for another two years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, the upgrade plan is not in place yet. As of now a 3g or 4g account with unlimited data can still be upgraded and keep unlimited. My brother upgraded to a bionic from a og droid Tuesday, and i upgraded from the bionic to a RAZR MAXX yesterday. We both kept our unlimited data for another two years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk
For now haha. I plan on getting the GSIII when it comes to verizon and if they have the new plans in place I am going to full price.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It is a shame that if you pay into your contract for an entire year that you will still have $250 left to pay on the ETF. But I guess that's what we signed on for.