Verizon 4G Data Drops In SoCal Phone Or Network?

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So, the title kind of says it all. I'm curious if the 4G data drops I'm experiencing are my bionic or the Verizon network in SoCal.
I'm trying to figure out if I should get my third bionic, wait for the Galaxy S3 on Verizon, or get one on T-Mobile. I know some people can't stand T-Mobile but when my data drops all over L.A. and Orange counties it's gone past annoying. Thoughts?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're dropping 4G everywhere, then it sounds like to me it's related to your phone or SIM. I was there last summer, and I didn't have the experience you had. The only time I lost 4G (other than transitioning into 3G zones) was when I went to Comic-Con in San Diego last July (but I was indoors, and signal wasn't the strongest -- probably due to traffic during the day). I will be back in SoCal next month, so I'll know if the network works the same or differently.

I can't say anything about now, since I'm not there at the moment.

Reactions: Ry

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So, the title kind of says it all. I'm curious if the 4G data drops I'm experiencing are my bionic or the Verizon network in SoCal.
I'm trying to figure out if I should get my third bionic, wait for the Galaxy S3 on Verizon, or get one on T-Mobile. I know some people can't stand T-Mobile but when my data drops all over L.A. and Orange counties it's gone past annoying. Thoughts?
My experience her in Ohio is it looks like the network. I have had three different brands of phones and ALL of them had data connectivity problems. Hard to believe three different types of phones would all have problems. In the EXACT SAME LOCATION the data rate varies all over the place.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The only major place I've found to have poor Verizon coverage in SoCal is Disneyland.

Downtown Disney is fine. Disney California Adventure is fine. But Disneyland has horrible reception for me.

I've been to crowded events at the Staples Center (Lakers game), Honda Center (WWE RAW), and the Anaheim Convention Center (WonderCon) and data coverage was just excellent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

djluigi7

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
yes your not the only one , mine and my wife thunderbolt is losing 4g 3g or even go to 1x or nothing at all if i do get 4g is slower than a dial up modem , cant even browser , i know its not the phone since the two of us have the same problem

ohh yeah im here in north orange county area 91fwy and 5fwy

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

It's more than likely phone related. My Bionic drops its 4G signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae