Securing 4gig Immanent death of Unlimited data

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is thinking or going to secure 4gig promo with the soon immanent death of the unlimited data.

We all assume and have belief that its going to end. Currently the double data promo is still in effect but ending at midnight tonight. So the question or decision is will I take the gamble and end my unlimited data for the securing of 4gigs for a penny more? We don't.know what the future will bring but 4gigs for 30$ seems pretty good.

What will you do?

Im still thinking about it, but would like your opinion. Thanks.

hobnail1852

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean, but I recently did the upgrade thing and my previously unlimited 3G data plan was grandfathered to an unlimited 4G plan. From what I understand, you still have time to do the same, but eventually (I believe later this summer?), from what I've heard you will not be able to use your upgrade if you want to keep unlimited data. You will be able to either A) keep unlimited but pay full retail for a new phone or B) get the new contract price on a phone but be switched to a tiered plan. As I said, personally I kept my plan rather than do their double data promotion, I assume that's what you mean. 2 years is enough time, I'll just see what they do with their plans between now and then.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Im trying to secure the most gigs for the least amount of money. When we upgrade our phone after this new policy takes effect (end of summer maybe) we will be put on to a new tiered data plan that may be more money for less gigs (ex. 3 gigs of $30 vs current 4gigs for $30).

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No way would I trade unlimited for 4GB. Maybe 8-10 for the sane $30 price.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Get rid of Unlimited for 4GBs?! How does that make sense?

Cause eventually no one is going to have unlimited data, unless you buy all your future phones at full retail price. The day you upgrade you phone at a the subsidized price then you will be placed on a tired data plan, a plan that may be less gigs for more money.......

Why is this so hard to understand????

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is their current setup>>>

2GB for $30
5GB for $50
10GB for $80

These above current tiered plans will prob stand true for a long time.

Promo tiered data plan:
4GB for $30 isn't that better then the above tiered plans???

Last edited:

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The 4gb promo ends either tonight or tomorrow. Now this has been the seco.d or third time it has popped up. I expect to see it again.

badrsj

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does buying your device have to be from Verizon or can we also get it from the Ebay.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Cause eventually no one is going to have unlimited data, unless you buy all your future phones at full retail price. The day you upgrade you phone at a the subsidized price then you will be placed on a tired data plan, a plan that may be less gigs for more money.......

Why is this so hard to understand????

I plan on paying full retail to keep my Unlimited, so yes I find it hard to understand why I would give it up for tiered?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't make any changes at this point, especially not letting go of unlimited data, when Verizon has yet to fully reveal the exact details of these new data plan changes. I'm going to just sit tight until that happens. I trust what they said (reference below), "We will share specific details of the plans well in advance of their introduction so customers will have time to evaluate the plans and make the best decisions for their wireless service." :)

Data Pricing

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Here's the thing... just like the unlimited data, it's just as likely if you have the 4gb promo that Verizon can also force you into a different plan when you upgrade again to make you drop that too. So I say you're better off keeping the unlimited as long as you can. They have all the power and can do what ever they way with their plans... but as customer we have the power to decide if we want to stay with them.

Reactions: anthony2558

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance