Verizon Equipment Insurance

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Question for everyone on BB insurance and Verizon insurance

BB insurance: looking at my recipet says $9.99 a month says New Corp MB PSP Plan for 23 months only (for the purchase of the Geek Squad Black Tie Protection Plan, Coverage Expires 2 yrs from the original product purchase date.)

Verizon Insurance: just called verizon and guy said it has a $89.99 deducitable.

My question is did i get the wrong insurance through Best Buy? everyone says its only 6.99 im paying 9.99. Also how good is the BB one? Should i stay with the bb one or switch to the verizon one? Also the 9.99 gets charged to my CC every month.

I just talked to a BB Rep. Says it's $9.99 for monthly insurance because the unit price is $599. He also said that you can pay up front $169 for 2 years insurance (saving some $$$ over the monthly payment option).

Er... I suppose, the savings will cancel if you take the Verizon's re-stocking fee into consideration.

Last edited:

Bigjay4

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Assurion insurance offered by vzw is 7.99 a month and the deductible went up it is now $89.00 with two claims per year it does cover water damage as i dropped my prev vzw(htc) vx6700 in the toilette twice. They replaced it with no probelm... worth the money.

irie

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Assurion insurance offered by vzw is 7.99 a month and the deductible went up it is now $89.00 with two claims per year it does cover water damage as i dropped my prev vzw(htc) vx6700 in the toilette twice. They replaced it with no probelm... worth the money.
Correct. Water/liquid damage is covered. This is explained in the Asurion brochure. I have use this and I have had friends and coworkers who have used this without issue.

disasterinc

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The insurance is a good deal. The fiance has a habit of trashing phones and after paying full retail for a few replacement phones, I starting getting the insurance on her phones. I'm glad because she had to make two claims within 8 months of having the phone (once putting the phone is a drink and the other time dropping it in a foot bath), which saved me alot of $$. They overnighted new phones to her, but dropped her insurance after the second claim..

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went with getting the insurance, since it covers things like cracked screens and accidental drowning. I feel a little bad spending $6.99 a month, but I guess it is better than paying retail for a new phone if something happens.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a question. I have a family plan with 4 lines on them. All but one has insurance. Just so happens, that phone that broke was the one tied to the line with no insurance. When we tried to take it to the store they said, we didn't have insurance and that we would have to pay full retail for a new phone. My question is, if I switch the line on that phone to another one that does have insurance would they still honor it?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a question. I have a family plan with 4 lines on them. All but one has insurance. Just so happens, that phone that broke was the one tied to the line with no insurance. When we tried to take it to the store they said, we didn't have insurance and that we would have to pay full retail for a new phone. My question is, if I switch the line on that phone to another one that does have insurance would they still honor it?

you could try, but most likely not. The insurance only covers the phone you purchased it for. When you switch phones (unless that phone came from a store/warehouse to you) your insurance is null and void.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
you could try, but most likely not. The insurance only covers the phone you purchased it for. When you switch phones (unless that phone came from a store/warehouse to you) your insurance is null and void.

So as soon as I change which line the phone is on, it voids the insurance. If thats the case, why am I still paying for it?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Because they won't remove it automatically. But if you do the exchange using 228 option 3 or online it gives you a warning dialogue.

DJScorpio67

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a Samsung Fascinate. Left it on the roof of my car. Filed a claim over two weeks ago with Asurion and found out the phone was on backorder. I was told it would be 3-7 days to get a replacement. They have not contacted me again, and they didn't answer questions as to the availability of the accessories I also lost as a result.
I told them that phone was my primary, and that I needed a replacement ASAP.
All they would offer me as a second choice was the Samsung Continum. What a Crock!
I have not contacted them again because money is tight, but I'd have the 99.00 deductible if they contacted me.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
From my POV running a small corporate account over ten years, the insurance plans are uneconomic. We've yet to have a single instance where an insurance plan with deductible would have saved us money.

YMMV

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995