New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plans

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
7/31 update:
https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/ still open.

6/28 update:
They're still an option when you go to purchase a phone with service. Choose to pre-order a Galaxy S3 (you can choose a different phone later) and you'll have the old Individual and Family plans as options.

They're no longer on the main page though. Share Everything is being advertised as the only plan but the old Individual plans show up when you try to purchase.

Original:
There seems to be a lot of confusion but from what I can gather through various new sources, the @VZWSupport Twitter account, and my own contacts within Verizon, when the Share Everything plans launch, the current Individual and Family plans will either no longer be offered to new customers or disappear shortly.

Verizon to Phase Out Most Existing Phone Plans

Verizon’s limited calling and texting plans will disappear, except for one $40-per-month plan intended for “dumb” phones. Verizon is keeping its limited-data plans for single non-phone devices, like the $30 tablet plan.

Q and A: Verizon's new data plans

Q: Will Verizon convert me to a new plan, or can I keep my old plan?

A: Verizon won't switch you over to the new plan unless you ask. You can keep your old plan, even if you trade up to a new phone after that date and extend your contract. But for new customers, Share Everything will be the only alternative, with a few exceptions, starting June 28.

Verizon Wireless overhauls service plans with new options

The options available to you will depend on your customer status as of June 28.

•New customer: A new customer must select from an option in the "Share Everything" plan or either of the two voice-centric packages ($40 or $80).

Q: I'm single and I just want a smartphone, that's it. The cheapest Shared Everything plan looks pretty expensive at $90 per month, and that's with just 1 gigabyte of data. Is there no alternative?

A: There's one cheaper plan, intended for first-time smartphone buyers. It gives you unlimited calling and texting, and just 300 megabytes of data per month. If you're frugal with data usage, that will get you by. It costs $80 per month.

Various Tweets:

https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/213381212360810496

https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/213408350086508544

Last edited:
Reactions: MERCDROID

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

I for one am struggling...was planning on switching to Verizon on July 1 (from Sprint). Mostly switching for the network.

But now I'm not sure....guess I have to decide. I need one smartphone, one dumbphone, and probably 2 or 4GB of data. That's quite a bit more than I'm paying with Sprint now.

Anyone know how much extra I can plan on paying for taxes and fees and hidden charges on top of the prices they quote?

Also, at once point are they discontinuing the Family Share Plans (what I was planning on getting)? Maybe they'll still be available in July and I can sneak in on those.

Also, if I'm correct, these plans now include the hotspot, so there's no additional fee for that. I rooted my Sprint phone so I had it for free, but I suppose I ought to take that into consideration.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Love it, for $10 less we will give you a third of the data.

Reminds me of Futrama:

Fry: Can I have a small slurm please.
Man: For 25 cents less you can get an extra small?
Fry: OK.
(man pours one drop of slurm in a really small cup)
(Fry moves to fast and the drop falls out)
Fry: Ohh!

Reactions: izhazissuez

anon(40232)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

Verizon said:
Q: I'm single and I just want a smartphone, that's it. The cheapest Shared Everything plan looks pretty expensive at $90 per month, and that's with just 1 gigabyte of data. Is there no alternative?

A: There's one cheaper plan, intended for first-time smartphone buyers. It gives you unlimited calling and texting, and just 300 megabytes of data per month. If you're frugal with data usage, that will get you by. It costs $80 per month.

Is that for real? Basically, they are forcing people to take HotSpot even if they don't need it, and then insulting you with this 'discount' first time price.

I'm glad my plan is locked in for 2 years with unlimited still.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
So wait...just two weeks ago they were offering new individual subscribers 4gb for $30 and come the 28th new individual subs will have to pay $50 for just 1gb?

I call bullsh*t.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So wait...just two weeks ago they were offering new individual subscribers 4gb for $30 and come the 28th new individual subs will have to pay $50 for just 1gb?

I call bullsh*t.

Yes, though the "double the data" promotion was simply that - a promotion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Technically yes, however the promotion had been running for many months and was essentially a new normal. And of course, even by non-promo standards they're going from $30/2gb to $50/1gb. Right now $50 gets you 5gb!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Technically yes, however the promotion had been running for many months and was essentially a new normal. And of course, even by non-promo standards they're going from $30/2gb to $50/1gb. Right now $50 gets you 5gb!

Verizon: But you don't get unlimited calling, unlimited texts, and hot spot access at no extra charge!

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

I call bullsh*t.

You all do realize its only for the family share data plan? The single plan 2 Gigs for $30 will stay the same

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You all do realize its only for the family share data plan? The single plan 2 Gigs for $30 will stay the same

Those plans are going away.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Those plans are going away.

Sorry but your information is incorrect and all your website links are spreading incorrect information. I have 5 different sources at Verizon which have confirmed that the internal training document is incorrect. I have spoken with multiple supervisors at 611 and also messaged @VZWSupport myself to confirm this. I have spoken with a personal friend who is a trainer at Verizon to confirm this.

Share Everything will only be an option and not the only way forward for new customers.

Edit: Just found someone asking @VZWSupport this exact question.
https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/213741091407675393

Last edited:

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Even though sprints network is NOTHING to write home about, I'm glad I jumped ship from Verizon.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Good God people, stop with the hysterics. Verizon can't force customers to do anything. If the new plans don't work for you and VZ offers you no better options, then when your current contract is up you should vote with your wallet and go to another provider.

Reactions: MERCDROID

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

Glad I got in when I did. Got 10G for $50.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if coming from a 3g phone to a 4g phone, if I buy it off contract will I be able to keep unlimted?

Sent from my DROID Incredible

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if coming from a 3g phone to a 4g phone, if I buy it off contract will I be able to keep unlimted?

You should be able to keep it. I would check to be 100% sure though. I'm sure you know the 4g phones use a sim.

I do know someone that switched from a 4g to a 3g and Verizon changed his to the 2gb without notice but, called and got it back. It was Verizon's mistake.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to keep it. I would check to be 100% sure though. I'm sure you know the 4g phones use a sim.

I do know someone that switched from a 4g to a 3g and Verizon changed his to the 2gb without notice but, called and got it back. It was Verizon's mistake.

I was thinking they would probally let me do it, becuase they did an faq, and they said to keep your plan you have to buy the phone outright.