how many gigs of data do you use per month?

how many gigs of data do you use a month?

• Total voters

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
People are so up in arms over the verizon share everything plan and keeping unlimited data. My personal belief was that unlimited wouldn't be around forever but I wouldn't go over 10gb monthly for some years to come.

How much do you use and if you could, reply with how you are doing it?

I use 3-4gb data a month mostly thru streaming music.

btw, looking for avg use, not max use. Verizonwireless.com has tool to view 6 month data usage: https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/accountholder/mybill/waaRouter.action

you will have to be logged in to view.

Last edited:

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
polls are easier to view and while it probably dont make a difference, that is for 4g data which isn't available to everyone

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the polls, the other thread should've had one. Anyway, I'll post pretty much what I said there. :)

Although I do have grandfathered unlimited data (on LTE), I average about 500MB - 1GB a month mainly via e-mail and web browsing. During the NFL season, that jumps to approx. 2-3GB when streaming a game or two when stuck at work. Regardless though, I wouldn't want to lose grandfathered unlimited data, mainly for peace of mind of not having to worry about overages or having to check data use. In the end when the time does come, I wouldn't leave Verizon anyway as they provide the best coverage where I live. :)

anon(40232)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
0.5-1.5Gb. When at home, I use Wifi, can't use phone at work, can't use while driving, so most of my 3G/4G is when I'm somewhere that isn't home or work, and its not that often.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
On all my lines, we average 9.62 GB data a month, that is between 8 lines. to close for comfort to leave the unlimited. the max data we used is 19.84 GB, if that would have happened the same month, bill would have a extra $100 for data overage.

Lehocki

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I use approx 20 to 25 Gb a month. Netflix, plain Web browsing, app update , maps, email , other uploads and downloads, music streaming , YouTube , data phone calls, Skype , Text msg., Facebook . I think that's about it.
No I do not tether, this is all phone.
Sent from my SCH-I510

trekmario

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a bionic and there is no wifi in my work and not very close to me. So i use 12 gb a month.i also think that unlimited should be around forever. Look at this. You pay each month what do you get for customer loyalty? An upgrade early? I buy a new phone every upgrade. So been with them from 91. I had a star tac now that was a tiny phone. So i think that we should be rewarded with loyalty .so stand together and tell them no shared plans.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

bornbreadcheesehead

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Live in central sticks of PA.,(Laid off from job!,NO land line,computer,satellite or cable!)Use on average 5-25 gigs a month on 3g only! No 4g in this area!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
my cable internet company, cablevision, is just thankful to get any kind of money out of me. With more services that require data usage, xbox, netflix, pandora, on demand,....home security, video cameras, fridgerators, washing machines (yes these are out now) I woudln't be surprised to see a cap being implemented when more people have them. It might even be billed like your electric company does. That just sucks.

mrpat67

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
There are 6 lines in my house. I use between 13 and 17 Gb per month. The other 5 lines average about 15 between them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I use about a GB a week. I have Unlimited Data but I've been pretty conservative when it comes to my data usage. No Cloud services and just some YouTube & news videoclip viewing.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Well... it depends on who you ask? If you ask my Jan11-Dec11 bill, I ranged between 2Gb-6.7Gb per month on average for a total average of a bit over 4Gb month. If you ask my bill of Jan12-May12, you get less than 700Mb per month. Same phone, same habits... Verizon can't explain it.

I wonder when their product managers started doing the analysis for these new data plans? Heck, my wife is under 500Mb, I am under 700Mb, a 2Gb plan should look good no? Until all of a sudden... I am back to running 4Gb magically again and I am on the hook for $30 in penalties and buying a 6Gb plan update (with fees I bet).

Me? I have gone to the Verizon sidelines and waiting for complete month-to-month and the smoke to clear.