Switching between devices without it affecting my plan

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Random question here about my Verizon plan. I'm grandfathered in on unlimited data with my GNex and I plan to keep it that way as long as I can.

In the past, I've used Verizon's website to switch the active device on my line - it only takes a moment and it's really easy. I don't believe it affects my plan in any way. I recently got an old Droid Eris from a friend and plan to use it as my "risky activities" phone (i.e., amusement parks, out on the lake, concerts, etc.) for when I don't want to carry my good phone.

I know I can go onto the website and switch my device from the GNex to the Eris (and back), but is there a limit to how many times I can do this? Would doing so affect my plan in any way? Are there other ways to make the swap, provided I have the ESNs handy (say, for when I'm not near a computer)?

I don't for see doing the swap more than a few times a year, but still - any advice is appreciated. I tend to double and triple check any Verizon-related action I take these days.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Random question here about my Verizon plan. I'm grandfathered in on unlimited data with my GNex and I plan to keep it that way as long as I can.

In the past, I've used Verizon's website to switch the active device on my line - it only takes a moment and it's really easy. I don't believe it affects my plan in any way. I recently got an old Droid Eris from a friend and plan to use it as my "risky activities" phone (i.e., amusement parks, out on the lake, concerts, etc.) for when I don't want to carry my good phone.

I know I can go onto the website and switch my device from the GNex to the Eris (and back), but is there a limit to how many times I can do this? Would doing so affect my plan in any way? Are there other ways to make the swap, provided I have the ESNs handy (say, for when I'm not near a computer)?

I don't for see doing the swap more than a few times a year, but still - any advice is appreciated. I tend to double and triple check any Verizon-related action I take these days.

It shouldn't.

Personally, if I'm going to be switching devices I'd want my secondary to be a 4G LTE device so I can just swap SIMs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replying.

I'm not going to switch to another 4G phone as the whole reason I'm switching is to use a crappy phone in "dangerous" times.

Also, the Eris I'm going to use is a smartphone. Going from Jelly Bean to Eclair will be rough, but hey.

Anyways, I called Verizon and they said I could swap devices as often as I'd like either online or over the phone. If the system ever accidentally kicked me off unlimited data, all I'd have to do is call them and theyd fix it.