4g LTE phones and ebay/craigslist

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thankfully, I haven't ran into any problems with the 4g lte phones i've bought off of ebay thus far. But I'm going to have to stick to ebay/CL exclusively now to keep unlimited data, so I'm hoping someone can answer my question. I always check the ESN before making the purchase for a phone and make sure it activates. However, what if the seller of a phone report their phone as lost/stolen after eBay's 45 day buyer protection period expires or after the CL transcation and use an insurance claim to get a new phone? Will that mean the phone I just bought will be blocked and that I just lost my money?

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd think that the chances of that happening are pretty slim, especially if you buy from a reputable dealer on eBay. Buying on either is not without risk but most sellers are not out to burn people. Besides, if they wait that long to report, they would probably not be able to make a claim. I would imagine that most phone insurance policies have a requirement to report within a certain amount of time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt buy a sprint or Verizon phone on Craigslis for this reason. On eBay, its ok , just buy from a reputable seller. Also, if they waited 45 days to report a phone stolen, it could raise a flag.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
be safe overall with craigslist.

I never meet anyone from there without one of my guns

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
With eBay there will be evidence you bought it, that will protect you. As for CL, I would just have the seller sign a bill of sale.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn