Replacement phone sent first class mail???

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon yesterday and ended up having them send out a new Rezound as mine is having issues. The tech guy told me it was going out two day delivery and I would have it today. So I am assuming Fed ex like always...

This morning I check the shipping info they emailed me to see what time fed ex thinks they'll be here today, only to find that the new phone was sent USPS first class mail. Not even Priority shipping! I won't get it until sometime nex week.

Has anyone else had this same shipping experience? I have NEVER had Verizon use anything but fedex before.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
do you carry TEC on your account? if so, fedex 2day is free

if you do not, then economy shipping is free...that is 5 business days

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Dont need Tec, this is warranty return. With that being said, ANYTIME I have ever gotten anything sent from Verizon, it ALWAYS came FedEx 2 day.

Been with Verizon (or who ever they were before...) for 20 years now. First time I ever had anything shipped USPS.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Dont need Tec, this is warranty return. With that being said, ANYTIME I have ever gotten anything sent from Verizon, it ALWAYS came FedEx 2 day.

Been with Verizon (or who ever they were before...) for 20 years now. First time I ever had anything shipped USPS.

Verizon will only ship with FedEX when you have TEC or under special circumstances. They started this a a while ago but offer the option to pay for FedEX but you'd be nuts to do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Got the phone today, but they did not include a new sim card like they said they would. No biggie, called them and they reactivated my old sim card.

On New phone now....will see how it goes!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is really weird, I have gotten 2 phones overnight ed to me in the last 2 days.... Glad you finally got it though

From my XxX rated Rezound

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have already had the 4g drop out on me in the middle of something requiring a data connection. Looks like I will be calling about another replacement if this keeps up. Will try it a few days though.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Call them! I have never had a phone sent to me not using FED X
Now tho sending back to them is by post office and only 5 days alloted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Call them! I have never had a phone sent to me not using FED X
Now tho sending back to them is by post office and only 5 days alloted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Verizon only offers free fedex delivery when you have TEC or in special cases. Other wise if you want free its now USPS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Anything under one year, that is manufacturer warranty, is not handled by tec insurance anyway. Verizon is just getting cheap!

Sent using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Anything under one year, that is manufacturer warranty, is not handled by tec insurance anyway. Verizon is just getting cheap!

Sent using Tapatalk

Cheap? Yes

But they have the right to do it sadly. You always have the option of sending it to Motorola, waiting for a repair, and than get the device back. I'm sure Verizon will send the device via FedEX for no charge if you ask AND your phone is unusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid