VZW - Visual Voice Mail $2.99

Wired03

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I am looking at switching to VZW from Sprint. Probably tomorrow if the S3 sale is good. I am looking at plans and pricing everything out and it looks like it will work for me and what I need.

I noticed under the pricing for each phone that it wants me to pick either

Visual Voice Mail - $2.99
Basic Voice Mail - $0.00

Is it me or is it really crazy to charge for Visual Voice Mail in 2012? Do I have to get this for my GS3?

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No you do not have to get VVM. You can select the basic plan for $0.00 and then use other services like google voice if you would like.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You don't have tp get VVM if you don't want it but it is nice if you get a lot of calls, like to listedn to messages in a specific order, or save recordings of your messages. Also I believe the voicemail box is bigger.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
It worked fine for me when I was using it, I just prefer Verizon's version better. Disconnection Google Voice was when I had to jump through the hoops lol

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You need to go through some hoops and ladders to get Google Voice VVM to work on Verizon.

Compare to Sprint that is true. However, setting up Google Voice for VZW isn't that hard...just not integrated.

If you are making the jump, it might be a good time to transition to a Google Voice number if you don't already have one. That way you can take advantage of all the Google Voice advantages.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You need to go through some hoops and ladders to get Google Voice VVM to work on Verizon.

I had when we switched back to Verizon. It was nice very nice and I did like it a lot but I don't get enough phone calls to justify paying an additional 3 dollars a month on my already too expensive plan. Setting up a contact list using names and phone numbers is enough for me. It shows me who the call is coming from and that's all I need.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I like it. My calls vary in number but I like seeing it. And I tried without it for awhile and missed it. So got it back
I don't like Google voice. Its a personal choice. Can always cancel if you don't like it. Saves me time too

sent from my Rezound

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I like it. My calls vary in number but I like seeing it. And I tried without it for awhile and missed it. So got it back
I don't like Google voice. Its a personal choice. Can always cancel if you don't like it. Saves me time too

sent from my Rezound

Do you mind if I ask what it was about Google Voice that you didn't care for? I'm just curious as to what VVM offers that's more appealing. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It was just a hassel for me. I like simplicity and to have a separate number wasn't to my liking.

sent from my Rezound

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
VVM is immediate. You click on it and you see who calls. You can listen or wait. Very convenient

sent from my Rezound

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech