Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
You are out if your mind. These caps are totally bs. 2 users previously had 4 gig minimum for 60 dollars. Now you share 2gig wow that's a bargin. You just lost 2 gig. Also I am a user of my tech not an abuser and when I had 3g I used 1.5 to 2.5 gig now I am given 4G with video chat, netflix if wanted, and some faster browsing, and let's not forget shortly there will be VO LTE, by the way this is the setup, and I use 2.5 gig to 4 gig on average now. And I use wifi always at home and I pay 30 for data and 30 for ER tethering as needed and their bs plans would cost me more then 60 more with my 2 data phones and one voice only non data phone that goes from $9 to $30 that seems right, huh, again bs. I this plan only works for users that don't use their phones at all and don't understand what they are paying for.

Now if VZN was not being greedy and looking for a real plan it would look more like this.... 2 gig share $30, 5 gig share $50, 10 gig share $75, 15 gig share @ $100. This would make sense, where the plans they put forward are ridicules I have done the math on many plans for people and not once did I see where this was real expectations. This is just like Verizon copper lines touchstone line fee. Really bogus fee at this point yet they still charge it. I pay $65 for my home Internet @ 60 meg download minimum unlimited. We here in the US get screwed by the BS carriers charges ad compared to the rest of the world. So I hope this family share Flops as it is a ridicules plan. This is my opinion based on the fact that I work in technology and communication field. I am not a sales representative but an engineer and I am telling you this plan is a slap in the face to those of us with half a brain. Especially in an economy that is such a mess.

My advice.... Research everything and don't let people pull the wool over your eyes and get you in a plan that you will pay for a long time. I have been stuck in those situations and you feel powerless. Hope this gives people a real view not a view of marketing as the op is giving you.

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
;-)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You think 30gb is excessive ? Someone on xda with proof did 1TB in a month. Yes 1TB !!!

Anyway. This whole tiered data is moneymaking scheme. Technology and apps require more data than ever and that WILL continue to rise. Say apps or webpages soon come Full HD. HD quality everywhere. More data. In 2 years i bet 1gb can be wasted in matter of hours of casual use. Then what will happen ?

No one is saying that data use wont rise that is the whole point of the plans, they are designed to more easily reflect what is actually being used. I realize you think unlimited is unlimited but read your wireless TOS and you will see that it is not.

5 years ago even 2GB was almost unheard of, and now is fairly normal, but by the time things get to the level you describe the networks will be beefed up and spectrum more efficiently allotted so it will not matter.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you switch to the new plans, they dont really care how much data you use as long as you pay for it now and there are plans up to 20GB (for $150) that are not listed on the brochures (but are available online or by calling customer service).

What you did is obviously a little excessive lol :)

But if you intend to stick with your unlimited, I dont really know at what point they would flag your line for abuse but obviously you are pushing it and would not press your luck ;)

I've used up to 15 GB a time or two but also have several other lines that used very little data so it was okay, but I don't recommend it.

My PERSONAL GUT FEELING is that they are going to start getting more aggressive with their network management (throttling) on the old unlimited customers now that the new plans are in place, but that's not something anyone told me.

I could not believe how much data I used. The only reason I didn't care is I paid an extra $30 to tether my tablet so I could watch Netflix. But to see it rise so high was insane and proved to me any data cap means don't count on using those video on demand apps.

I do wish Verizon gave a minimum of 5 GB for $30 since it was said many times it was the soft cap of unlimited. Sure, maybe it wasn't official, but I wouldn't mind $30 for 5GB as I would have a safety net and not be paying more than I am now.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I could not believe how much data I used. The only reason I didn't care is I paid an extra $30 to tether my tablet so I could watch Netflix. But to see it rise so high was insane and proved to me any data cap means don't count on using those video on demand apps.

Video on demand apps arent really intended to be used over cellular at least not excessively, I've seen similar increases (but not quite to the degree) when I have watched Nexflix and whatnot.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Video on demand apps arent really intended to be used over cellular at least not excessively, I've seen similar increases (but not quite to the degree) when I have watched Nexflix and whatnot.

I know, I just used it for that during that one month. I may use my phone to tether a little bit of gaming on the Vita on the go but I'm pretty sure that's not a real big data hog. Lol

What are the video apps supposed to be used for if not on the go? I use my computer and home internet at home. I have an Xbox and Ps3 for streaming at home... blah

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I know, I just used it for that during that one month. I may use my phone to tether a little bit of gaming on the Vita on the go but I'm pretty sure that's not a real big data hog. Lol

What are the video apps supposed to be used for if not on the go? I use my computer and home internet at home. I have an Xbox and Ps3 for streaming at home... blah

No the Vita and similar devices dont use nearly as much data as HD video streaming :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
LOL it's all good :)

and FYI HD (720P) video streaming uses about 2GB an hour...

I figured that out when I was watching that Tron movie on my tablet. My data counter went up so much that I laughed, cried, and laughed again all within a second... Hehe.

But yeah, I like having my data on the go and I respect those that need more. But as a user said above, 1 TB? I can't even use that much on my computer that's faster than most out there! Intel i7 3930, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, SSD Caching, RADEON 6970... I know these specs don't necessarily matter, but I'm not being slowed down by anything so I can easily multi-task with millions of downloads open.

Are these people downloading... you know... the circus videos?

And this is why I'd never use LTE over a home internet. And Xfinity is upgrading to 50 MBPS where I'm told I'll be getting 70+ MBPS down in about 3 months at no charge. Yeah, no thank you. Reliable home internet > Cellular

2111365654.png

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
We have 2 smartphones and 2 regular phones. One of the smartphones belongs to my 16 year old. We have unlimited data. If we switch, we will be paying 140.00 just for devices. Currently our bill with taxes is about $215.00. My daughter can burn through data, so add $80.00 for 6g which may not be enough and we're at $230.00 without taxes. If I've figured this correctly, I'm not sure how this is going to save me any money.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hence why I'm sticking with sprint. My month ended this morning at midnight...

287 anytime minutes. 2128 any mobile, and 112 night and weekend.
17gb 3g, 9gb 4g data.

Same price month after month. Plus my awesome employee discount of 18%

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 smartphones and 2 regular phones. One of the smartphones belongs to my 16 year old. We have unlimited data. If we switch, we will be paying 140.00 just for devices. Currently our bill with taxes is about $215.00. My daughter can burn through data, so add $80.00 for 6g which may not be enough and we're at $230.00 without taxes. If I've figured this correctly, I'm not sure how this is going to save me any money.

This plan is obviously designed to not only save people money but cost more money for others. If you're a data user who consumes very little than you could save money on a Share Everything plan with several people. However, if you're a heavy data user, it will cost you more. Verizon wanted it set up like this because they feel the ones destroying their network sort of speak should pay for it. So while Verizon loses money on those low data users they know the high data users will make up for the loss. $10 for each additional 2 GB on your plan and $15 per GB (or is it 2 GB?) overage. Either way, Verizon isn't losing money because no corporation would do such a thing to their shareholders.

I plan to stick with my unlimited plan as long as I can and if needed I could switch to a solo plan with 2 to 4 GB. All I know is anything I do will depend on if Verizon allows me to keep my $20 discount on data right now. $10 for unlimited data isn't a bad deal. ;)

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
This plan is obviously designed to not only save people money but cost more money for others. If you're a data user who consumes very little than you could save money on a Share Everything plan with several people. However, if you're a heavy data user, it will cost you more. Verizon wanted it set up like this because they feel the ones destroying their network sort of speak should pay for it. So while Verizon loses money on those low data users they know the high data users will make up for the loss. $10 for each additional 2 GB on your plan and $15 per GB (or is it 2 GB?) overage. Either way, Verizon isn't losing money because no corporation would do such a thing to their shareholders.

I plan to stick with my unlimited plan as long as I can and if needed I could switch to a solo plan with 2 to 4 GB. All I know is anything I do will depend on if Verizon allows me to keep my $20 discount on data right now. $10 for unlimited data isn't a bad deal. ;)

We had a $10.00 "Customer Appreciation" discount on each line, but it only lasted a year. They must really appreciate you to give you a $20.00 discount. :)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure I would not put it so bluntly but essentially correct. Those who use excessive data will now have to pay for the privilege or learn to manage their data better via the use of WIFi or just using it less.

Overage is $15/GB while adding two additional GB of data to your plan above 10GB is only $10

No the company isn't going to loose money but people will more fairly be paying for that they use (data wise) and that is the point.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

No you are not saving money (not everyone does), assuming you are accurately guessing your data usage. Customer Service can do an Account Analysis to give you 3 month average of your data usage.

On the other hand you will never have to worry about voice minuted again and if you decide you want to tether a laptop or a Tablet/Kindle/Nook/iPad you wont have to pay an extra $20 for the privilege.

These plans have good and pad aspects to them, but overall most of the changes are positive.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
No you are not saving money (not everyone does), assuming you are accurately guessing your data usage. Customer Service can do an Account Analysis to give you 3 month average of your data usage.

On the other hand you will never have to worry about voice minuted again and if you decide you want to tether a laptop or a Tablet/Kindle/Nook/iPad you wont have to pay an extra $20 for the privilege.

These plans have good and pad aspects to them, but overall most of the changes are positive.

Funny thing is, we never even come close to using all our minutes, and we have unlimited texting, so there is no way I can justify switching plans..... no matter how badly I want the SG3. :(

Reactions: Technified

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing is, we never even come close to using all our minutes, and we have unlimited texting, so there is no way I can justify switching plans..... no matter how badly I want the SG3. :(

You dont have to change plans to get the GSIII, you can select one of the other data plans (2GB/5GB/etc.) plans debuted last year and keep your nationwide family plan.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
You dont have to change plans to get the GSIII, you can select one of the other data plans (2GB/5GB/etc.) plans debuted last year and keep your nationwide family plan.

So everything would stay the same except my data would be whatever amount I choose and my daughter keeps her unlimited?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So everything would stay the same except my data would be whatever amount I choose and my daughter keeps her unlimited?

Yes. Your line could go up if you wanted more than the 2GB data plan but yes nothing else changes. Your daughter keeps her unlimited until she upgrades at subsidized pricing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01