Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
What is thead caretaker? Is that some official designation or is it just the term you use for the OP of the thread????

I am the original poster and set the topic. I respond to almost every post in the thread and advertise it in my Sig file. Others are free to help others as well as long as they keep it on topic. Your post wasn't.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Who pays an extra $30 to use their phone as a hotspot? I am rooted and Switchpro widget works fine on my phone. Even if you aren't rooted, there is foxfi for a one time fee of $7.

People who abide by Verizon's terms of service . Use of those apps are a violation and you can have your service cancelled if they catch you.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
People who abide by Verizon's terms of service . Use of those apps are a violation and you can have your service cancelled if they catch you.
I'll take my chances. Also, whether you or anyone else realizes this, contract terms can be amended by the course and conduct of the parties and VZW sold me a phone that allows this to be done and in fact acquiesces in allowing me to do it.

tennvol

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I pay 30 for the hotspot but that's simply because my employer pays my entire bill and I also hate messing around with third party apps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll take my chances. Also, whether you or anyone else realizes this, contract terms can be amended by the course and conduct of the parties and VZW sold me a phone that allows this to be done and in fact acquiesces in allowing me to do it.

Next time can we not be so run-on? I'd love to see VZW's reply to that sentence when they cancel it

A lot of people actually pay for it - we rooters and ROMmers are a small minority of the android world.

Sent from my G-Note 2

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Next time can we not be so run-on? I'd love to see VZW's reply to that sentence when they cancel it
They can say whatever they want, but all that matters is contract law. And I am certain that VZW ain't gonna pay $450 an hour to do battle in small claims court over this. Or worse, risk that a class action lawsuit will be filed and end up costing them millions upon millions in attorney fees. They won't cancel. They will continue acquiescing.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
They can say whatever they want, but all that matters is contract law. And I am certain that VZW ain't gonna pay $450 an hour to do battle in small claims court over this. Or worse, risk that a class action lawsuit will be filed and end up costing them millions upon millions in attorney fees. They won't cancel. They will continue acquiescing.

...they have a legal team, that gets paid whether they are in court or not. I'm gonna go ahead and pull vzw's contract up and may just highlight what parts it's against. :/

Sent from my G-Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
We can, without notice, limit, suspend or end your Service or any agreement with you for any good cause, including, but not limited to: (1) if you: (a) breach this agreement; (b) resell your Service; (c) use your Service for any illegal purpose, including use that violates trade and economic sanctions and prohibitions promulgated by any U.S. governmental agency; (d) install, deploy or use any regeneration equipment or similar mechanism (for example, a repeater) to originate, amplify, enhance, retransmit or regenerate an RF signal without our permission; (e) steal from or lie to us; or, if you're a Postpay customer, (f) do not pay your bill on time; (g) incur charges larger than a required deposit or billing limit, or materially in excess of your monthly access charges (even if we haven't yet billed the charges); (h) provide credit information we can't verify; or (i) are unable to pay us or go bankrupt; or (2) if you, any user of your device or any line of service on your account, or any account manager on your account: (a) threaten, harass, or use vulgar and/or inappropriate language toward our representatives; (b) interfere with our operations; (c) "spam," or engage in other abusive messaging or calling; (d) modify your device from its manufacturer's specifications; or (e) use your Service in a way that negatively affects our network or other customers. We can also temporarily limit your Service for any operational or governmental reason[\COLOR]

I see at least 3 parts of that that rooting and tether breaks, plus they have the "cuz I want to" clause in there.

Sent from my G-Note 2