Q1 iPhone to Verizon

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Boy is he going to be pissed when he realized he can't "switch" when the iPhone doesn't come to Verizon.....lol.

(1 post troll......throw the food throw the food)

rabbithole13

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The reason I waited so long to upgrade my old little flip phone was because I was waiting to see if Verizon would get the iPhone.

Now I'm over it. I just feel like I would be another sheep in the flock, a dreaded follower. Ha! I'm not going to get an iPhone, just because it's an iPhone, I'm going to buy the device on the market that offers me the best of what I want.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I always wanted to get an iPhone on big red but I'm glad I didn't. Android blows away any phone mac can make just the platform alone, but I do love my macbook. I would never carry that in my pocket though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Theodosius

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
From what I'm reading, this sounds like an LTE phone. I love the screen on the iPhone 4, but prefer everything else on the Incredible. I think I'll wait to see the Android LTE phones. With so many different hardware vendors creating Android phones, I can't see Apple having the continued success with the iPhone on Verizon unless they really re-create the thing. As many folks have pointed out, there's nothing really new or exciting about the iPhone 4.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
interesting...if android can catch up to apple when it comes to the # of apps then there wouldn't be any reason to switch to apple. also, if there is a way for the incredible to be able to upgrade to the 4g that verizon is offering then that would further assure that i will be an incredible owner for the foreseeable future. either way my contract will be up around the time that the iphone is set to be available for verizon. i'm not sure what i will do, only time will tell

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ill believe it when I see it.
Apple and AT&T have an exclusivity deal thru 2012
An iphone on vzw in January would be 3.5 years since the the launch of the product in 2007. 1.5 years short of the 5 year exclusivity deal.
Personally I could care less if VZW gets the iphone. It would be a death blow for AT&T...
F jobs and his jesus phone! We dont want those iLemmings eating up data that we droid heads should rightfully consume.

jbuck1984

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Who cares android is a better platform and the technology of other phones far surpasses the iphone already

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I think this is wonderful news!

Everybody on the list ahead of me waiting for their Incredible to be delivered should cancel their order and wait for the iPhone. :)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If you notice the articles say that the information isn't public and the people who shared it wouldn't give names. Until Verizon makes an official statement it is still speculation. Especially when it comes to phones.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not happening, we heard this before. When we officially hear then i believe it.

It wont be " can you hear me now "

It will be hold me this way

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
January is the WORST TIME to release a phone verizon expects to do well.

1) If they announce it early (like other phone releases) they'll kill their holiday sales because of so many people holding off. Yes, some of these are basic plans, but most are not.

2) If they have it as a "surprise" launch, they'll have people returning phones in droves, or calling in to try and get "exception" upgrades.

Either way, it ends up costing Verizon a TON of money.

Not to mention that ATT, with a significantly higher % of their users on smartphones, only made $3 extra data revenue per customer than verizon did in Q1, meaning that while the iphone might generate sales, it doesn't help ARPU as much as some people claim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt