Phone strategy

sam008

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Guys

This is what I plan to do and need a sanity check

Currently on another provider but want to switch to Verizon. I can buy a Fascinate/Galaxy S for about $200 with a new contract hopefully next month

Do providers usually allow you to upgrade to a new phone if you don't mind paying for it? If they offer the new LTE phone for $250 in Nov to new customers, will I be able to get it at about the same price or is the price much higher because I had the old phone for only 4 months

Thanks

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Guys

This is what I plan to do and need a sanity check

Currently on another provider but want to switch to Verizon. I can buy a Fascinate/Galaxy S for about $200 with a new contract hopefully next month

Do providers usually allow you to upgrade to a new phone if you don't mind paying for it? If they offer the new LTE phone for $250 in Nov to new customers, will I be able to get it at about the same price or is the price much higher because I had the old phone for only 4 months

Thanks

You will pay full price for the new phone (prior to your NE2 discount), but to compensate for that you should be able to make a few hundred off your Galaxy S on eBay if you take really good care of it.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
as others have said, you must pay retail price for the new device, but you can sell the fascinate on ebay to help cover some of the costs.

The shortest upgrade cycle for verizon is ever 10 months. This happens if you only sign a 1 year contract (you pay $70 more for the phone up front)