Which smartphone to get?

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have had my HTC Evo for over 2 years now. I am having tons of problems with it. I am pretty burned out on the whole android experience at this point (apps not working right, force closing, phone freezing up, etc....)
I am 99% sure I will switch from Sprint to Verizon when I get a new phone because the Sprint service on my street is almost nonexistent.
My plan was to get the new iphone once it releases.
My husband has an iphone 4s and is very happy with it.
The only thing I know I would miss is the ability to carry extra batteries. I love not always having to plug my phone into the wall.
So, before I officially make a change...I thought I would check in here to see what phone everyone is recommending.

I use my phone a ton for web browsing, texting, email, photos & videos of the kids, music, etc.
Basically it is an extension of me ;) so I need something that works great and is fast.

What is the best one that Verizon has to offer??
LMK your thoughts!!!
Thx!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had my HTC Evo for over 2 years now. I am having tons of problems with it. I am pretty burned out on the whole android experience at this point (apps not working right, force closing, phone freezing up, etc....)
I am 99% sure I will switch from Sprint to Verizon when I get a new phone because the Sprint service on my street is almost nonexistent.
My plan was to get the new iphone once it releases.
My husband has an iphone 4s and is very happy with it.
The only thing I know I would miss is the ability to carry extra batteries. I love not always having to plug my phone into the wall.
So, before I officially make a change...I thought I would check in here to see what phone everyone is recommending.

I use my phone a ton for web browsing, texting, email, photos & videos of the kids, music, etc.
Basically it is an extension of me ;) so I need something that works great and is fast.

What is the best one that Verizon has to offer??
LMK your thoughts!!!
Thx!

If you love the iPhone 4S but want to keep some of the features of Android, the best bet for you will be the Galaxy S3. It is the most streamlined (in my opinion) Android device that has come out and that is currently on Verizon.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you use it for a lot of web browsing, I have to imagine you aren't going to want to jump down to a smaller screen. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is currently the hottest Android phone that Verizon has on their lineup, and it looks like a nice phone.

But you really have to decide on screen size, because that's going to be the deciding factor I suspect. You didn't mention any sort of major investments in the Android App Store, so I assume you don't have a lot of content keeping you in the Android space.

Get thee to a Verizon store and spend a minimum of ten minutes playing with an iPhone and a Galaxy S3. Type some stuff on their respective keyboards. Play a game or two.

Then decide which one floats your boat based on actually looking at them.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I prefer android, but if you like the iphone, get one, and there is an aftermarket case with built in external battery to make it last...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma