Verizon's customer care

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been a customer of Verizon since 2006 and I believe there customer service is weak at most they lie to get you off the phone and don't even note our accounts of the discussion .. the thing is my wife was robbed at gun point and her iphone was taken . When I did call vzw to see my options I was offered a full upgrade the rep told me 149.99 for the gs3 and that I would keep my unlimited data and no upgrade fee .. I jumped on it but the phone was never ordered and the rep never noted our 45 min call .... I have 10 month's left on my contract then I'm out

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When getting concessions from CSRs, it is often prudent to take down an employee number.

But, calls with CSRs are frequently recorded. I suggest you call back and ask to speak with a supervisor and have them try and locate and review the call. They might be able to take care of it. Having a supervisor review a recorded call has worked out in my favor in the past.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
They won't review the call to "fix" something. It's used for training purposes on how to more properly deal with customers. Most likely for CSRs to learn "what you should have done in this situation" type of thing.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Having a supervisor review a recorded call has worked out in my favor in the past.

I have done this before. And it was the exact same situation. They went back to check the tape to see if a rep had said something that I claimed they did.

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This was all done vzw consistently lies I had a rep tell me it does not matter if I stay or leave I have 3 lines iphone in June 2013 then I'm out

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
This was all done vzw consistently lies I had a rep tell me it does not matter if I stay or leave I have 3 lines iphone in June 2013 then I'm out

By consistently how many people are we talking here? How many have you talked too? And you realize that what you are saying has been said about every other carrier out there right?

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
By consistently how many people are we talking here? How many have you talked too? And you realize that what you are saying has been said about every other carrier out there right?

Nop... flat out lying to customers and deceiving theis a tactic vzw started in late june.

BB STORM 9550>>DroidCharge>>GalaxyS III

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Then you don't need to switch to T-Mobile because you will get exactly the same thing here. What I hate the most at CS is giving misleading information, I would appeciate 'i don't know' more than bad info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Nop... flat out lying to customers and deceiving theis a tactic vzw started in late june.

BB STORM 9550>>DroidCharge>>GalaxyS III

Oh ya, I forgot about the big board meeting they had in June where they decided just to start lying to all their customers. Seriously, every company has had these complaints. Go read the experience I just had with Sprint on the Sprint forums. People are so over dramatic it's silly.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been a customer of Verizon since 2006 and I believe there customer service is weak at most they lie to get you off the phone and don't even note our accounts of the discussion .. the thing is my wife was robbed at gun point and her iphone was taken . When I did call vzw to see my options I was offered a full upgrade the rep told me 149.99 for the gs3 and that I would keep my unlimited data and no upgrade fee .. I jumped on it but the phone was never ordered and the rep never noted our 45 min call .... I have 10 month's left on my contract then I'm out

Why was the phone never ordered? Did you loose the call? Because they call back... How did you end the conversation? Go into the cooperate store, tell them to pull your bill and see the 45 min call to the *611 number.

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh ya, I forgot about the big board meeting they had in June where they decided just to start lying to all their customers. Seriously, every company has had these complaints. Go read the experience I just had with Sprint on the Sprint forums. People are so over dramatic it's silly.

Ya this is understandable but we're are talking about vzw ......there's no reason to be condescending .. why is it when we won't to voice our opinion there are always smart a@@ comments

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by jmarrale

Why was the phone never ordered? Did you loose the call? Because they call back... How did you end the conversation? Go into the cooperate store, tell them to pull your bill and see the 45 min call to the *611 number.
The call was ended mutually and was given a time line for the device and I called from my landline

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Bull crap I bet someone higher up said oh hell no and erased it they got dirty sobs like that

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

No, if promised to you they will do it if it was originally notated. I believe they receive initial supervisor approval before promising you anyways. These conspiracy theories against Verizon are unwarranted and silly but that's what happens when you let your emotions take over. I'm sure its not that difficult to get it as promised even if its not notated. If you were offered it once than you could easily do it again. Just have to talk to the right person and figure out how to reach out to them. At least that's how I always get things done and it works.

Just as a note- I've dealt with Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T and Verizon is way better than the others with customer service. I hate to say it but either you're doing it wrong or most of you that complain have set your expectations to high while not knowing how to deal with it. No company will always bend over and sometimes a little push gets things done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
we need to keep in mind the average verizon customer service call taker knows about as much about their phones as a walmart electronic associate knows about a printer. the key to getting any kind of decent customer service is (1) how YOU speak to them (2) how much they want to help you and (3) how much liscence they have. you control 1/3 of that equation. if they really want to help you, but it's "above their paygrade" the good verizon rep will refer you to either a supervisor or tech support. IF you attack them with a pissy attitude from the jump, then 2&3 go down the drain for you, and now you've pissed them off for the next verizon customer. if you get a VZW rep with a funky attitude, just politely ask them to speak to another rep, or a supervisor. Most of these companies WILL work with you, if you know how to talk to them, and how to ask the right questions. also, any rep for any company will always give you their ID number, or ext, or something to identify them on a call, especially if you ask for it.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was going off your statement, your opinion that they all started lying in June was silly. People don't get their way, fail to read fine print, etc and they think everyone involved with the company is a lying thief. Is it Verizon's job to make sure you understand your contract? Yes, but it is also your job to make sure you understand what you are signing up for. Every industry that involves sales has people that will lie/twist words to get a sale. You need to be aware and know what you are signing up for. There is so much information available to you know via the web etc that you can be totally prepared. Ask questions, always ask questions. Being someone that is does a sales related job, I pride myself on making sure all my customers leave with no questions, and do not come back unhappy? Why because I want to build a customer base. If they have a good experience with me, they will send their friends/family to me. I even make it a point to give them my business cell number saying they can call me or txt me anytime with questions if they have any. Sales is a cut throat job, being your income is largely based off selling things. Some people do it the right way, some people the wrong. Just prepare yourself.

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have personally had no problems with Verizon. I have had good experience and good customer service. Every company has bad and good employees. Some companies are worst than others though. This is also why insurance on a phone is important because no matter the situation the phone could have been replaced and you would not have to be on the phone for 45 minutes. However I am glad your wife is ok and did not get hurt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2