did i just get screwed ?

Cupcakedroid

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So my story starts with my thunderbolt which is unlimited data. The charging port on my thunderbolt has been acting up to the point if I don't tape the charger to the phone just right it won't take a charge and the battery is getting worse and worse by the day (having to charge phone about 4 times a day ) so tonight I called Verizon and I explained the issue and the Rep said I can get an early upgrade since I'm only 13 days away from my upgrade date. While on the phone he explained the new data packages and I picked on, then he asked what phone I wanted and I said the Samsung s3. Well just as I went to give him my credit card number we got disconnected. I called back and spoke to 3 different people and now ALL of the reps are saying No you have to wait till the 18 th. (And I called 2 stores and they said the same ) so now I'm stuck with a non charging phone and limited data till the 18th . Now I feel screwed over this and all the reps say all they can see on my file is I called to change my plan and No talk of a new phone.

Thadrow

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong or right but try this. Calls are suppose tobe recorded or monitored right, from their side. Try calling again and explain your situation and ask for a higher up who can refer proof from the recorded call. Explain you had no reason to change from unlimited without the intention of a new phone, an upgrade you were told was going tobe given early. If it means alot to you and i would fight to get it early btw, try that or keep trying.

Didnt the rep ask for a callback number incase that exact thing happens? They always do for me and imo that rep should did it. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Cupcakedroid

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
He did and I waited an hour after the lost call and he never called back, I thought for the commission alone he would have called back. Thanks for the advise I will saying that today when I try this all over again. Hopefully I get somewhere...

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, calls are generally recorded. They should be able to go back and see what the CSR said. Now you just have to get someone on the phone that will be willing to go back and review it. But, I wouldn't waste too much time on it if you are 13 days away. I mean, sure, if you can do it, go for it. But, it's less than two weeks. That'll be up in no time and you can get your upgrade.

Cupcakedroid

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Today I went into the store and after 2hours waiting they were able to upgrade 2 of my lines on my family plan. thankfully the Rep on the phone had enough notes about the upgrade that they were able to honour it in the store.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong or right but try this. Calls are suppose tobe recorded or monitored right, from their side. Try calling again and explain your situation and ask for a higher up who can refer proof from the recorded call. Explain you had no reason to change from unlimited without the intention of a new phone, an upgrade you were told was going tobe given early. If it means alot to you and i would fight to get it early btw, try that or keep trying.

Didnt the rep ask for a callback number incase that exact thing happens? They always do for me and imo that rep should did it. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Calls MAY be recorded, not all of them are.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Calls MAY be recorded, not all of them are.

"May" would suggest they aren't recording all of them, but, it doesn't mean they aren't recording all of them. It really only implies that they don't have to record all of them, but, they can if they want to. Which means some companies very well could be recording all of them. Or none of them.

If I owned a company, I would use this disclaimer, then record all calls and retain them for a certain period of time so I could CYA if I needed to.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
"May" would suggest they aren't recording all of them, but, it doesn't mean they aren't recording all of them. It really only implies that they don't have to record all of them, but, they can if they want to. Which means some companies very well could be recording all of them. Or none of them.

If I owned a company, I would use this disclaimer, then record all calls and retain them for a certain period of time so I could CYA if I needed to.

This really means "we record all calls but if we screw up, that call wasn't recorded"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol, yea.

I had a CSR promise me something one time (that I wouldn't be charged for something) and of course I ended up getting charged. I was trying to explain this to a manager, and, they got really mad at me and were being extremely rude, saying that couldn't be possible. They were like, I'm going to review the recording and get back to you (hoping they could prove me wrong). Long story short, reviewing the recording didn't work out as they had hoped, and, the charge was dropped. Lol.

Reactions: Eclipse2K