Happy or unhappy with verizon

rafine1234

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon service sucks. When i send out a text sometimes the recepiant gets it sometimes not. I also receive multiple texts of the same message. When im in the middle of a conversation my call gets dropped alot. When someone calls me sometimes the phone rings sometimes it does not. When my wife gets a call sometimes the phone rings sometimes it does not. We are sick and tired of verizon. We are switching to at&t here soon. Does anyone else have the same issues as us?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

curtisalad

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hate it! Use my phone for work and people can never hear me. Now my navigation has simply stopped working.
I also get the same text message 2 or 3 times.
Never have a constant signal. I have tried using it when I am on the road. I can be in a major city and not get a signal. Very frustrating!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What type of phone do you have? I'm using a RAZR Maxx and have never experienced these issues nor have friends with iPhone, Bionic, RAZR, etc. My dad has a flip phone and never has any of these problems either. And good luck with AT&T... the grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side. But if you do switch, I hope it works for you because it is awful here.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, I've been happy with the carrier's service. I rarely drop any calls, and data works fine for the most part (3G is variable in speeds, LTE has been mostly solid). Good luck with AT&T. Every carrier has issues, whether they're minor or major.

rafine1234

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the bionic. I live in Pennsville, New Jersey. There are alot of people around here that have issues with verizon. I am just sick and tired of all the dropped calls while i am in a conversation. all the text messaages that dont go through, and the multiple times i receive the same text. And aslo my phone never ringing when someone calls me. This for example happens all the time, when i call my wife her phone never rings, even when i call her multiple times.

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The grass is not greener on the other side. Like it or not, Verizon is the best provider out there as you will find out with at&t. Best phones, best signal here

quickdraw86

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
verizon is the best carrier in america. VZW service rates, customer service, and the axing of unlimited data (i have it, but can't modify my account as i want to and still keep it) have me outraged! after over ten years, i'm looking around at the other carriers for the first time.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
verizon is the best carrier in america. VZW service rates, customer service, and the axing of unlimited data (i have it, but can't modify my account as i want to and still keep it) have me outraged! after over ten years, i'm looking around at the other carriers for the first time.

Yes, but while true for most of America, there are a few states where Verizon offers mediocre coverage at best. In Illinois, Verizon dominates with coverage but that's not true in every state.

I just don't understand all of the complaints though. I'm disappointed they discontinued unlimited data but we all knew that it was only a matter of time. We also know that every carrier will eventually follow suite in the near future. Customer service has been nothing short of excellent though. By far much better than T-Mobile and AT&T with no exceptions. No idea why so many people have had problems but no one at a Verizon has tried to pull a fast one on me. But if they did, I'd question them immediately because I'm usually ahead if the curve on phone technology and services.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on your location. ALL CARRIERS will have areas with weak/no
service. I have had both carriers, sometimes at the same time. If Verizon
has poor coverage in YOUR AREA, move on to another carrier. That does not mean the carrier is terrible across the entire United States though. I guarantee AT&T has those same exact issues in other areas too.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the bionic. I live in Pennsville, New Jersey. There are alot of people around here that have issues with verizon. I am just sick and tired of all the dropped calls while i am in a conversation. all the text messaages that dont go through, and the multiple times i receive the same text. And aslo my phone never ringing when someone calls me. This for example happens all the time, when i call my wife her phone never rings, even when i call her multiple times.

Your wife's phone no ringing sounds like a phone issue. Also as far as drop calls etc, make sure your software is up to date. I suggest going to a Verizon store and having them trouble shoot. If you are not that far into warranty they may replace your device and see if that helps. Before you hop to AT&T, I would research and trouble shoot first.

- - - Updated - - -

The grass is not greener on the other side. Like it or not, Verizon is the best provider out there as you will find out with at&t. Best phones, best signal here

This.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

So you have 3 Options if you plan on leaving Verizon.
1)Tmobile (lol)
2) Sprint (Good price plan, service and data speeds not so hot.)
3)AT&T (Same price plan with tiered data like Verizon, service not as good)

Verizon has not forced you out of the unlimited yet, and have not set a date when they will. You just can't get a upgrade if you want to keep it, unless you pay full retail or look on eBay.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Sprint last December for the Gnex and IMO VZW is the best carrier, I always have a signal and their 4G LTE coverage is #1 in the country.

However as others have stated EVERY carrier has places where their signal isn't good so if that's the case for you maybe you should find another carrier. Also your phone could be the source of your problems.

Sent from a Nexus Galaxy far away...

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile is actually a somewhat cost effective alternative, but a significant downgrade in service. Heck I don't even know if they provide 3g in my area...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I find Verizon great every where I Travel in the US. Both voice and data have been stable and reliable. I had been on both AT&T and Verizon of the last 5 years and found them both to be good, but Verizon Data to be much faster and coverage to be great. I had Sprint for 4 years before that and when we moved to the new area I could not even make a phone call on Sprint from my house. Friends with AT&T and Verizon had no problems. Sprint kept promising upgrades to the service that never happened. Jumped off their network. Now 5+ years later friends who visit us on sprint still have hard times making calls.

As long as my phone is an important part of how I do business I will stick with either AT&T or Verizon.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
the very things you dislike about vzw is what I do like about them. I've been with sprint, and t-mobile, and have had the best service of the three with verizon over the past 9 years. I think you're the exception to the rule, but EVERY carrier has pros and cons. I wouldn't leave, but hey, it's your money.

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been with vzw since 2005 and have been lied to way to much in the last year. I don't plan on leaving .my biggest complaint is a rep had told me because of the circumstances (my wife was robbed and iphone taken) he would give me an full upgrade to the Sg3 for 149.99 w/no upgrade fee and I would keep my unlimited data .. the rep did not order the phone or note the account ..... I refuse to pay full price for a phone from them..... so this is the straw that broke the camel's back... it may be petty to you guys .....but not me 2 many lies before this ..... I have had at&t they suck all together and I work in a t-mobile call center there no better

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie