1. AMTrombley0924's Avatar
    I have an upgrade coming at the end of December. I've been eyeballing the Razr M, HD, and the DNA.

    In a perfect world, I'd be getting the Nexus 4 no questions asked, but there's no LTE, and since I'm a college student on my parent's family plan, I don't want to switch carriers right now.

    So that leaves me with VZW only phones. I dig the DNA, but since I've had the D4, I've really come to love Moto's near-stock ICS/JB UI. I also know that HTC isn't the fastest in terms of updates (I mean, their Inc 4G or Rezound isn't even on JB yet). I know that this is partially VZW's fault, but I was really impressed at how fast the Razr M got JB.

    I would be happy getting the M or the Razr HD (or even the Maxx) but what I'm afraid of is getting a new phone in December, then Moto announces something AWESOME at CTIA or MWC. I know that the general consensus is that Moto's Razr line played catch up in 2012 as opposed to pushed the envelope. If Moto has something on par with the DNA coming in CTIA then I don't mind waiting a few months.

    My questions is, what are your thoughts on this? Anyone heard of a Moto flagship coming in CTIA/MWC? If nothing is announced then, I will just get one of the Razrs. Or am I crazy to get them over the DNA?
    11-17-2012 02:13 PM
  2. Nakrohtap's Avatar
    As long as you don't like rooting your phones, you can't really go wrong with the Razr Maxx HD. Of course there will be something better announced in the next few months. There always is.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    11-17-2012 06:20 PM
  3. dragonsamus's Avatar
    There's always going to be something better but why wait? Get a phone you'll enjoy now. Choose a phone and enjoy it how it is. The problem I see is people buying a phone and waiting for updates. When choosing your phone ask yourself if you'll be able to use it for at least twenty months. If not then don't buy it. Good luck! :-) buying a new phone is always exciting.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    11-17-2012 09:41 PM
  4. AMTrombley0924's Avatar
    Normally, I'd agree that waiting for the perfect phone will mean I'll always be waiting. However, as a fan of Motorola, I feel like their new RAZR line isn't their best. The improvement over last year's RAZR (and the comptetition) is marginal. And it doesn't help when I see reviews and podcasts reinforce that thought. Will they get the job done? Certainly! I just want a flagship that will have staying power like the Gnex, or even the last Razr did. With that in mind, I am afraid that I'll jump the gun in getting a Razr only to find out that something truly awesome from Moto will be out in 3-4 months at CTIA (think Bionic). Up until the RAZR was announced, the Bionic was SURE to be Moto's flagship for a while. But once the RAZR came out, the Bionic fell off the map! I mean, think about it: up until about a month ago, it had been running the same OS version since it's launch! I find that ridiculous, and I don't want that to happen to me.

    I've already accepted the fact that I really can't stick with ANY phone for 20 months. My more realistic goal is a year. After that I can either sell it off to upgrade off contract, use another family member's upgrade (I'm normally the only one who actually cares to use upgrades), or just add a dumbphone line. So when getting a new phone, I'm thinking: "Is this the phone I want to rock for the next year until the next big wave of flagship devices?"

    Sorry about the long posts. I find myself trying to justify and convince myself as much as I am to you guys my train of thought. I guess the question this is evolving into is: Does anyone know if Moto has anything really awesome in the pipeline? I've heard 1 or 2 whispers that they may have something for January/CTIA. If there was nothing at all, I'd be buying the Razr, no questions asked. But now that I've heard that there may be something substantially better, I am nervous to buy. Between now and my upgrade in late December, I'll just be keeping my ears and eyes open to anything about Moto's next year. I'll probably also ask the above question in the Rumors forum.
    11-18-2012 04:04 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. Need advice on what phone to buy for T-Mobile, budget $200-300
    By zeth006 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM
  3. Need advice on upgrading my SD card..
    By ddiehl in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
  4. Need Advice on new phone (coming from webOS)
    By speedygodzilla in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
  5. Need advice on what to do.
    By backtothemac in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 10:37 PM