10-15-2017 03:43 PM
12,742 ... 114115116117118 ...
tools
    The Verizon Max plan is still available but it's a nightmare trying to set it up with multiple lines if any lines do not have UDP and it's apparently very difficult for them to figure out how to coordinate it with Edge (for the contract cancellation feature). We gave up and I just kept my UDP because Verizon was contradicting themselves from one question to the next and I was adamant that they not make any changes until I was absolutely clear on the process and end result of what we were trying to do.
    02-18-2014 04:06 PM
    I just added a line and ordered a Droid Mini to switch to one of my existing lines so I can't keep my UDP. I do not have a basic phone yet that I can put on the new line. I recall someone linking to some phones and sources (might have just been Ebay) for good cheap basic phones. I have searched but I can't find the link. It might have been in one of the other UDP threads but I tried looking in them too. Would anyone be kind enough to list out a few good basic phones that they know will work and sources I can select from?

Thanks
    02-18-2014 05:22 PM
    You don't need a physical phone, just tell Verizon to put a test device on the line

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    02-18-2014 05:48 PM
    I just got my iphone 5c in the mail. I cut down my micro sim to nano size and just put the sim in and when i plugged it in to charge it, it booted up and i started receiving texts. Do i not have to call VZ and activate?
    02-18-2014 07:22 PM
    Nope.. Not when using existing Sim

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    02-18-2014 07:29 PM
    Awesome! Thanks OP!
    02-18-2014 07:34 PM
    You don't need a physical phone, just tell Verizon to put a test device on the line

I'm not familiar with this. I'll do some research later but can you elaborate on this option? Thanks.
    02-18-2014 08:08 PM
    I have even had multiple reps not knowing current written policy...

I called today for my dad and I asked about the 6 GB plan and future upgrades. She said that the plan isn't going anywhere and you can upgrade again and again without losing it.

True? Don't know. Just validating what you said about reps being incorrect at times. To her credit she was clear by saying "from how the training makes it appear" rather than guaranteeing it like most seem to do.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    Ry likes this.
    02-18-2014 08:26 PM
    I have even had multiple reps not knowing current written policy...

I've had to correct reps... Not just with Verizon but other carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    02-18-2014 08:41 PM
    I'm not familiar with this. I'll do some research later but can you elaborate on this option? Thanks.
    Basically after you move the phone to the new line, tell Verizon that you don't have a physical phone for the line. They will put a dummy phone on the line

02-18-2014 09:30 PM
    I've had to correct reps... Not just with Verizon but other carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I have had other carriers and they weren't any better either

anon(3653) likes this.
    02-18-2014 09:37 PM
    I called today for my dad and I asked about the 6 GB plan and future upgrades. She said that the plan isn't going anywhere and you can upgrade again and again without losing it.

True? Don't know. Just validating what you said about reps being incorrect at times. To her credit she was clear by saying "from how the training makes it appear" rather than guaranteeing it like most seem to do.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    My guess is that you would be able to keep it when upgrading, just like the double data promotion.

02-18-2014 09:40 PM
    Basically after you move the phone to the new line, tell Verizon that you don't have a physical phone for the line. They will put a dummy phone on the line

Thanks. I'll consider this as a possibility. I would still l some feedback on good basic phones and sources to put on this line. I'd like the option to use it as a spare phone.
    02-18-2014 11:07 PM
    My guess is that you would be able to keep it when upgrading, just like the double data promotion.

most likely...I just didn't want to take the chance, so that's why I just did the best buy thing
    02-18-2014 11:08 PM
    Yeah, since getting my Note 2, and its improved battery/bigger screen, and getting Netflix again, my data usage has gone from like 2 odd gigs a month tops to, well about 3x that.
    02-19-2014 01:18 AM
    The Verizon Max plan is still available but it's a nightmare trying to set it up with multiple lines if any lines do not have UDP and it's apparently very difficult for them to figure out how to coordinate it with Edge (for the contract cancellation feature). We gave up and I just kept my UDP because Verizon was contradicting themselves from one question to the next and I was adamant that they not make any changes until I was absolutely clear on the process and end result of what we were trying to do.
    Last Sept. I needed to cut my phone bill down.
    I was on the Family share plan(750 minutes , unlimited text,unlimited data.) Having had 2 phones but both phones were just for my use.I got tired of paying almost 200.00 dollars for that plan,couldnt change the plan without loosing UDP they said.
    I didnt have the funds to outright buy a phone in one lump some but at the sametime needed to do something.I think going from 2 phones to 1 phone still would have changed my plan and sounded like to me I would have lost UDP because of that.
    I was told I could go with Edge plan 450 Nationwide Talk ,add 1000 text messages and 6GB for $30.00. They checked my plan history so to make sure I wouldnt go over anything with that plan.
    They did have problems changing my old plan actually and it took a day to resolve it . The system wouldnt let him remove a phone so I would just have 1 phone instead of 2 phones,another vzw tech couldnt fix it either. They called another vzw tech on phone, but still wasnt resolved it at that time.The vzw rep.told me he would fix it dont worry about.He did get it care of the next day. My bill was almost cut in half.
    But what I ended up with instead of the 6GB data plan was it kept the UDP.I dont know if it was a glitch or what but I just didnt question it. HA

Being on this plan for 5 months I can now afford to pay off my phone and just have to pay only for the plan(minutes,text,data)and make the bill even cheaper.

So for me this was the easiest , simplest way to switch plans,update phone (Moto X) and got lucky on keeping UDP.It may not work for everyone but in my case it did.
    Aquila and tjrssibelle like this.
    02-19-2014 06:09 AM
    Wrong thread. Meant to ask in the other best buy thread.
    02-19-2014 07:50 AM
    Hi all, created an account just so I could ask this. I have an iPhone 4S with UDP, how would I go about upgrading my phone through this method if I don't have a 4g SIM card?
    02-19-2014 07:55 AM
    Hi all, created an account just so I could ask this. I have an iPhone 4S with UDP, how would I go about upgrading my phone through this method if I don't have a 4g SIM card?
    Do you know anyone with a spare 4GLTE device? If so, borrow it and call Verizon to ask for a sim for the new device. Once your number is associated with sim, then you can do the process discussed.

02-19-2014 08:46 AM
    Please let me know if this is correct...

My phones:
    A - SmartPhone UDP (upgrade avail) <--my phone
    B- SmartPhone Tiered (upgrade avail)
    C- Dumb Phone (upgrade avail)

My best option is to:
    - Upgrade phone C
    - Select a tiered plan for phone C
    - Once the phone arrives activate it
    - Quickly deactivate it and remove the data from that line
    - Activate the new phone on line A

Correct? Will I get charged one month of the tiered data for line C?

Is there a way to just activate it without having to enable the data plan for line C?
    02-19-2014 12:07 PM
    Please let me know if this is correct...

My phones:
    A - SmartPhone UDP (upgrade avail) <--my phone
    B- SmartPhone Tiered (upgrade avail)
    C- Dumb Phone (upgrade avail)

My best option is to:
    - Upgrade phone C
    - Select a tiered plan for phone C
    - Once the phone arrives activate it
    - Quickly deactivate it and remove the data from that line
    - Activate the new phone on line A

Correct? Will I get charged one month of the tiered data for line C?

Is there a way to just activate it without having to enable the data plan for line C?
    You i would be charged prorated charge for data on line 3 for the day or days used. You can transfer the upgrade from c to b, then upgrade b.

02-19-2014 01:00 PM
    David,

You got a good deal there. Congrats.
    davidnc likes this.
    02-19-2014 01:27 PM
    B has an upgrade available, would it just be easier to use that one I guess. Its already on tiered data so no issue I guess. Then just swap the phones after.
    02-19-2014 01:55 PM
    B has an upgrade available, would it just be easier to use that one I guess. Its already on tiered data so no issue I guess. Then just swap the phones after.
    If phone B is a 4g LTE device, then yes it's easier

Sent from my VERIZON LG G2
    02-19-2014 03:20 PM
    I just tried to do this. Ordered phone from Best Buy. Received today and put in my old SIM card - activated - and it's changing my plan. Awesome. I guess it doesn't work anymore.
    02-19-2014 06:42 PM
12,742 ... 114115116117118 ...