[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

You mean if VZW doesn't switch me back to unlimited I should return my phones to BB in 3 days? Is that what your saying,
yes.

a. Should I order the phones online and have them shipped to me (I'll have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
b. Should I order the phones online and pick them up at the BB store (I'll still have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
c. Or should I call the 1-800 # and I can order both upgrades together (I don't know if that is a good idea since they would be doing everything for me?) (Im wondering If I order the phones over the 1-800 that they can just let me pick them up at the store?

Which option is the best?
Option c is the worst because they will make you pick a plan and then you will have no way to argue you should get unlimited data back.

Option a and b are both equally bad but not as bad as c.

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

yes.

Option c is the worst because they will make you pick a plan and then you will have no way to argue you should get unlimited data back.

Option a and b are both equally bad but not as bad as c.

Why is this BB idea so bad to you? If VZW doesn't honor what BB promised I can just go back to what I have now. Get a refund.

I'll prob do B. b/c ordering through mail I wont get the phones until Jan 3 - 6th.

Can't I order the phones online and pick them up in the store, then tell them I'll activate them myself when I get home? I didn't know if having them activate it in the store would be an issue or cause alerts? When I go to the store I could bring my proof with me that my data was not to be changed just in case that they bring that up or something.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Why is this BB idea so bad to you? If VZW doesn't honor what BB promised I can just go back to what I have now. Get a refund.
because once you do that, you are no better off than you are now.

Can't I order the phones online and pick them up in the store, then tell them I'll activate them myself when I get home?
they won't do that and if all you are going to do at home is activate them with the SIM cards they came with, you will get the same outcome as if they activate them. They only way it would be different is if you have a previously activated SIM cards to use, but I have only read 1 poster who said this worked for him.

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

because once you do that, you are no better off than you are now.

they won't do that and if all you are going to do at home is activate them with the SIM cards they came with, you will get the same outcome as if they activate them. They only way it would be different is if you have a previously activated SIM cards to use, but I have only read 1 poster who said this worked for him.

Ok so once I order my phone upgrades online, 1 at a time. I'll click the "pick up at store" option. Once I go pick them up. I just let them activate the phones? I don't need to worry about anything? Do I need to bring anything with me, our old phones, etc.? My wife can't come so I would be picking her phone up too but everything is in my name. It will two separate orders, hopefully that wont affect my plan in anyway.

edit: when they activate our iphones, they wont try and setup or itunes username, etc. right? we can do all that at home?

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Print out the receipt that says keep existing plan. Bring your driver's license and sometimes they ask you for the passcode for your account.

Ok, I made the orders, going up to BB soon, hopefully this works. They should only activate the device. They wont want to setup my iTunes id, etc. I want to get in and out.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I made the orders, going up to BB soon, hopefully this works. They should only activate the device. They wont want to setup my iTunes id, etc. I want to get in and out.
keep us posted, but post in the BB threads since this thread is about transferring upgrades.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of Best Buy - on another thread a poster claims if you order from best buy online and do not pick a new plan and have the phone shipped directly to your house you can keep unlimited if you activate the new phone using a SIM card that was already active on your line without transferring upgrades to another line.

If anyone else has tried this please let us know.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

i got the phones but dont know how to activate them?
didn't they activate them at best buy? they have never let me walk out with an unactivated phone.

If you buy from verizon, you turn off your current phones, call 1-877-807-4646 from any phone other than your old phones or the new phones and follow the instructions. Then turn on the new phones and follow the instructions.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bestbuy Mobile Lets me Keep Unlimited Data?

sorry wrong thread, i got the phones but dont know how to activate them? this is bs.
It's very odd that they let you pick up in store and they didn't insist on activating the phones. I posted on the other thread how you activate when you buy online from verizon.

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

It's very odd that they let you pick up in store and they didn't insist on activating the phones. I posted on the other thread how you activate when you buy online from verizon.

I didnt buy online from Verizon. I bought them at Best Buy, just got home. She said once I got home turned my phones on, they would be activated.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I've been trying that now for the last 20 minutes.
what is it doing? Did you turn both of your old phones off? The old phones must be off for the new phones to activate.

Try following the instructions I posted on the other thread where you call the 1-877 number.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

what is it doing? Did you turn both of your old phones off? The old phones must be off for the new phones to activate.

Try following the instructions I posted on the other thread where you call the 1-877 number.

Not necessarily true, I had my old phone on with the old sim and activated my new note 3 with new sim and it worked. I have done similar before leaving the old phone on while activating the new phone

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

ok well I found this number to call if you need help

Best Buy Mobile consultant at 1-877-702-2211

I have never heard best buy allowing someone to take a phone out of the store unactivated.

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

edit: were trying to get unlimted, were at that step.