[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlimited data Plan - How Much Longer?

Yes they are offering..and you can upgrade once...

after the 2 year contract is over, and want to upgrade, you will be forced to either pay full price for the 6GB plan, or choose the 2GB plan at the same price

Is this confirmed? If so there's really no reason to let go of Unlimited...

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes they are offering..and you can upgrade once...

after the 2 year contract is over, and want to upgrade, you will be forced to either pay full price for the 6GB plan, or choose the 2GB plan at the same price

Source?

I don't think we're at a point yet for anyone on the 6GB loyalty plan to be upgrading...

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Is this confirmed? If so there's really no reason to let go of Unlimited...

Source?

I don't think we're at a point yet for anyone on the 6GB loyalty plan to be upgrading...

Straight from Verizon reps

I was going to do it, I talked to a few different ones, and they all told me the same thing. I asked them if I did this, when i try to upgrade again, can I keep my 6GB at the same price, and they said no

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site

I was going to do it, I talked to a few different ones, and they all told me the same thing. I asked them if I did this, when i try to upgrade again, can I keep my 6GB at the same price, and they said no

Asking a Verizon rep is unreliable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

That settles it for me. I was thinking about going the route of the 6 GB plan, not now. I will buy the phone and take my chances on UDP staying around for a while. I am satisfied with my current plan as far as minutes and data. The new plans do not fit my needs and would cost me more. Thanks for all of the responses. I learned a lot in a short amount of time. I plan to call the 800 number and see if I get the same answer.
THX

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I understand, but if they are saying no, would you really want to take that chance?

I wouldn't take that chance. Although a Verizon rep did tell me the Loyalty Plan would be around for many upgrades but again they could just say it's no longer offered at any time.

I'd rather not worry about data so anything less than 5 GB at $30 isn't reasonable IMO. 2 GB is just enough to check email but don't even try to stream music. Like what's the point?

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I all ready have a 4G phone, there would be no transition from 3G to 4G for me. What am I missing?

My point is even the cfo can give inaccurate information. The day after Shammo said this, Verizon issued a statement contradicting what the cfo said.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't take that chance. Although a Verizon rep did tell me the Loyalty Plan would be around for many upgrades but again they could just say it's no longer offered at any time.

I'd rather not worry about data so anything less than 5 GB at $30 isn't reasonable IMO. 2 GB is just enough to check email but don't even try to stream . Like what's the point?

I highly doubt that a rep would know how long any plan would be around and upgrades be allowed on that plan.

I have used more than 2gb on email alone but I get a lot of emails

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I highly doubt that a rep would know how long any plan would be around and upgrades be allowed on that plan.

I have used more than 2gb on email alone but I get a lot of emails

Exactly. A reps word about future promotions and discounts is as valid as something I tell you. Lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. A reps word about future promotions and discounts is as valid as something I tell you. Lol

I have even had multiple reps not knowing current written policy...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The Verizon Max plan is still available but it's a nightmare trying to set it up with multiple lines if any lines do not have UDP and it's apparently very difficult for them to figure out how to coordinate it with Edge (for the contract cancellation feature). We gave up and I just kept my UDP because Verizon was contradicting themselves from one question to the next and I was adamant that they not make any changes until I was absolutely clear on the process and end result of what we were trying to do.

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

I just added a line and ordered a Droid Mini to switch to one of my existing lines so I can't keep my UDP. I do not have a basic phone yet that I can put on the new line. I recall someone linking to some phones and sources (might have just been Ebay) for good cheap basic phones. I have searched but I can't find the link. It might have been in one of the other UDP threads but I tried looking in them too. Would anyone be kind enough to list out a few good basic phones that they know will work and sources I can select from?

Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

You don't need a physical phone, just tell Verizon to put a test device on the line

oeklm

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price.

I just got my iphone 5c in the mail. I cut down my micro sim to nano size and just put the sim in and when i plugged it in to charge it, it booted up and i started receiving texts. Do i not have to call VZ and activate?

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price.

Nope.. Not when using existing Sim

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513