Why Verizon?

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So Verizon seems to be the most expensive of all the carriers for an individual line. Why should a person choose Verizon over others?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Coverage and data speed trumps all.

I wouldn't have Verizon if I had to pay for it myself though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Coverage and data speed trumps all.

I wouldn't have Verizon if I had to pay for it myself though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yep - coverage and depth of the LTE spectrum...

Google Verizon's spectrum allocation compared to the other carriers.

I pay for it and it is worth it....

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I travel a bit for work and need to make sure cell and data coverage is good wherever I am. With VZW, I don't worry about it so much. In have had coworkers with AT&T struggle and the one guy with TMobile is nearly impossible to get a hold of until he gets where he is going and even then it's sometimes hit or miss.
I have thought about going prepaid a number of times, but I never pull the trigger because I'm afraid the service won't work when I really need it.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
With the new plan system they've implemented an individual plan is about the same as it would be on att. And they have insanely better cell coverage. Never had a dropped call while I was with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was wit att and vzw and the only thing I can say vzw got that I like is the phone selection

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Coverage and the largest 4G network available in the world.

Speeds aren't the fastest (AT&T actually has that but they don't have nearly as much 4G cpvrrage).
For one line I honestly don't think that it's worth it unless you travel a lot. Then you'd need the coverage. Especially considering that you're giving up unlimited data, unmodified phones, delayed phones, and super later than they should be updates to go there.
If you have 2 or more lines its more than worth it for the coverage.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I recently got off vz and their deathgrip contract and got a Nexus 4 and couldn't be happier. Yes, they have great coverage and speed, but it wasn't worth it to me. I went to straight talk att and its not so bad in my area...I average about 3mbps down. It's all about saving money and I actually cut my bill by over half. $95 to $45 a month is huge. Plus no contract.

Prepaid gsm is the way to go for me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Never intend to leave verizon. Its the best in my opinion. We have free enterprise which lakes it good for us

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I could go with a prepaid and save about $30 a month off the monthly bill but we get what we want in terms of data and coverage anywhere I want.

Also to go prepaid and buy the phone kills most of the $30 savings. To buy 2 Nexus devices from Google would cost us $400 more than what we paid for our phones. Divide that by 20 months and there is $20 of the $30 per month difference. I am willing to pay $10 per month for the service.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

nerdyessence

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I went from TMO to VZW and I can say I'm quite happy. Yes, I understand that I pay more but I get the coverage and unlimited data that I need.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I went from TMO to VZW and I can say I'm quite happy. Yes, I understand that I pay more but I get the coverage and unlimited data that I need.

You're getting unlimited data on Verizon?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You're getting unlimited data on Verizon?

Forgot to mention that having unlimited data is a pretty good deal when you look at the speed and coverage. :D

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to mention that having unlimited data is a pretty good deal when you look at the speed and coverage. :D

You must have switched a long time ago to still have unlimited data.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been with Verizon since Loooong before they were Verizon. I have had my cell number since way back when the Motorola Star Tac phone was only a rumor. Lol. I recently tried the Straight Talk thing with a Nexus 4. Got throttled after 3gb of data use.

After that and after finding I could not port my long held number to Google Voice, I stayed with Verizon. Mostly for the unlimited data, but also do to the fact that my hometown (where all the family is...) only has Edge speed on att (no Sprint and no T Mobile...) but 4G LTE with Verizon.

No brainer.... As long as I can hang onto unlimited data (however short that may be...), I'll stick with Verizon.

tennvol

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
In the Washington DC area VZW is the only carrier that has service in the underground Metro stations.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Coverage and reliability in the continental US are the top reasons for using them. The downsides are cost, international roaming capabilities, and the bloated software, slow updates and locked down boot loaders on Android phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
LTE available in my area and a coverage (often LTE) just about anywhere I would go.

Customer service has also been better than expected. When a phone I had on Sprint crapped out due to design defects that were reported all over message boards, Sprint refused give me a different phone and wanted to charge me $100 to replace the defective phone I had. Instead I took that money to Verizon. Recently, when my Thunderbolt stopped working properly due to design/network issues, I was given a different (and better) phone for free.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Coverage and reliability in the continental US are the top reasons for using them. The downsides are cost, international roaming capabilities, and the bloated software, slow updates and locked down boot loaders on Android phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thats to many cons IMO lol. That's why I left to sprint. And I'm in Chicago so low cost and unlimited lte is my biggest pros lol. Not to start something though :beer:

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nerdyessence

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes and no. I work for Big Red but I'm going to lose the unlimited data plan since I'll be leaving the company.

So I went shopping for an unlimited data plan online. Was very lucky because the guy that sold me his plan (with unlimited data) gave it to me for free. So I assumed his # and plan - at no charged to myself. I consider myself very lucky though. Usually AOL go for 125 - 500.