Calling Verizon Wireless

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I work at a corporate Verizon Wireless call center, and would like to know why so many customers find our automated phone system so hard to navigate. I have to use it myself, and find the options clearly spelled out. I am also amazed at some of the things customers call to get help with, especially adding mobile hot spot feature to their phone. I can add it or remove it on my own account in 3 minutes.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Think about it this way. You work with these features on a much more frequent basis than customers do. I feel the same way when people come into my job asking how to check their voicemail and have to remind myself everyone's skill set is different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
How hard should it be to find your way through a phone menu, seriously?

It's harder than you think for older people or for people who didn't grow up with the technology we take for granted.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You're paid to help people so just help them. Maybe they would like to deal with an actual person instead of an annoying robot or recording voice. With all due respect, maybe you should be happy for those people who don't want to or can't navigate through the automated menu because then you might not have a job. I'm just saying ;)

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I get more done faster by hitting zero and talk to a human. By they way is your name John and are you in Pakistan? They crack me up trying to pass as a American

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You get a feel for a customers age easily when you work the phone, and most aren't senior citizens. The American public has just become helpless and lazy.

Just because they aren't seniors doesn't mean they had access to technology. It's frustrating but it's part of the job.

Edit: I understand there are compete idiots out there too with no excuse. Lol

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just transfer the calls or switch jobs. If it bothers you that much then just quit. We're gonna keep pressing zero because we don't want to hear all that automated mess. Maybe swap out your phone jack with the person in the cubicle next to you and they'll get all your calls. Voila.... MAGIC!

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's easier to hit zero and tell my info one time. How many times to we enter the information thru the automated system to just have to repeat it to the Rep again when we finally do get to a Rep.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
A LOT of complete idiots

Like a lot of the people that work in Verizon stores( no offense not saying your one of them) Verizon employees blow my mind with what BS they spew about phones they should know like the back of their hand

Woodsy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So you're telling me you're upset because you work customer service, and when people who pay exorbitant ammounts of money (like my family days), which in turn gives you a damn paycheck every month, you get upset? Jesus Christ you wanna talk about lazy? I'm sorry but the way I was raised was if you had a job, you did it. End of story. I help pay your paycheck every month. And don't feed me the "I make commission and should only focus on sales" BS that I'm sure you're already thinking of as you read this. I worked at a grocery store during the summer awhile back. I was a cashier, yet when someone asked if I could help them take their groceries out to the car, I'd do it. It wasn't in my job description, but I worked there and if those people are gonna come in and pay money for goods and services than I'm going to provide them with the service they expect. Our society is so overrun with technology now a days, people like you who should be trained to talk to customers over the phone, complain because you don't want to do your job and you want the automated service to take care of it. You call Americans lazy yet you're pissed because you don't wanna take a dadgum phone call. Seriously dude? I'd love if there was a way I could report this to Verizon and they could somehow identify you. I have no clue if it would do a damn bit of good, but I'm sure they don't appreciate you coming to a public forum and calling their PAYING customers lazy. Have a great day Mr. Veteran.

Sent from the greatest phone in the world, The Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So you're telling me you're upset because you work customer service,

Sent from the greatest phone in the world, The Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

You don't read well. I'm in sales. I don't get paid to help someone with their bill, tech support, etc

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I hope you don't treat customers this was too. Oh, I'm sorry, you do. Everyone is a potential customer and you saying you work for Verizon and are calling people lazy idiots won't go well for many at all.

I would fire you on the spot for these kind of comments and referencing the company.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Like a lot of the people that work in Verizon stores( no offense not saying your one of them) Verizon employees blow my mind with what BS they spew about phones they should know like the back of their hand

:D

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I do, and when it's someone too lazy or uneducated to figure out simple phone prompts, I transfer right back in to 1 800 922 0204

You are part of the reason people have negative feelings about the telcos. You would be best served to find a different job.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude